Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL Spyder III Arctic G2- Full review and videos!

I got my Arctic 3 weeks after it was 'ordered'.

I use UltraFire protected cells in mine, they use a much larger protection PCB than the AW cells.

I would probably have been able to screw the cell all the way down, but I stopped when I heard the cell making an angry scraping noise so I stoppped; lest I damage the cell/PCB.

Hey, I just recieved these cells Right Here in the Mail today::)

DealExtreme: $7.93 TrustFire Protected 18650 Lithium Battery (2400mAh 2-Pack Gray)

Also i found in my battery jar that i had an old cell of these batteries Here that i also wanted to test if they would fit.::)

DealExtreme: $9.57 TrustFire Protected 18650 3.7V True 2400mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack)

They are both protected cells and guess what they dont fit.:( So what i believe is the problem is the button top is what is causing them not to fit.

I would say that if you have protected cells that so not have a button top, they will most likely fit in. But if your cells have a button top like in the pictures above i dont see them fitting. So you are correct.:)

So if you want to use protected cells get ones without a button top. I will also add this to my Review.:beer:

+1 for your Review.

It doesn't matter if the tailcap doesn't screw all the way down, the laser still works. It's just an aesthetic issue that can be ignored.

I know for a fact the Spartan 532 (and any Spartan that takes a 18650) also suffers from this issue.

A nice thorough review mate!

I was actually surprised to see you had an Arctic, I didn't expect it to get through Aussie customs with all the coverage by the media.

Anyway, well done!

Well, there's been 3 so far that've made it through unopened, even though they were marked as "Portable Laser".

Now that is called failure.

Anyway, nice to see ya round again :D

12. Long-term Evaluation

So, it's come a long way, and unfortunately, I need the money to fund a projector project and some DMX gear, and it's going to pass on to a new owner, who will appreciate and enjoy it much more than I do. And before I let it go, I thought I would just say a few words about it.

It's held up well against usage- short of the SmartSwitch paint coming off, there's been no other issues with it. The finish is extremely durable and incredibly hard to scratch. All threads are still as smooth as they came from the factory.

I used to hate the style of the host too, but it grows on you like a fungus. I don't mind it now, and I certainly think that quite a few out there will like the design of the host much more.

I've had no other issues with it, between this and the original review.

Rest assured the new owner is a member here, and knows what he's doing. I know him in person, and would trust him with a Class 4 laser.

Before I go, I'd also like to thank WL once again for giving me a chance to review this unit, and I'd also like to thank everyone here (and on PhotonLexicon too) who read this review and gave feedback.