Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Willing to give a laser to help the forum with donations

One huge grand prize?? nah

In the past we had MANY winners- as there were lots of donations.

more fun too

The giver CAN (if wanting) pay the shipping for the winner OR the winner pays unless otherwise noted or worked out after the 'selestions' the number can be randomly selected as well as the prizes if you wanted-

My donation is called 'winners choice' & I will cover the shipping to CONUS or split to elsewhere
I have a number of interesting items to choose from amd more if nothing fancies you.

Red LED parts from Kasio PJs (uber bright)

optic train dichros FS mirrors and lots of kewl lenses(kasio too)

A-130 diode 445 and driver

and lots more

I am not here as much these days SO please let me know waz up with the giveway deal

hak

Last edited:

Pman

So here's the deal as this is taking forever:
First person who donates $50 to the forum (verified by shadow) gets the lasers sent to them for free (Priority Mail) IF you are in the U.S. Outside the US we split the cost.

JQzGm8.jpg

Includes the batteries and a simple charger.

Sorry I should have made it clear that you need to have at least +10 REP, be 18+ and have good standing here;) Have to protect myself at least a little.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very generous, Pete! :beer:
Somebody is going to get themselves a nice bowl of "Pman" lasers.:yh:

Edit: Pman, you'll have to settle for the beer for now, as I must spread the rep around.

Last edited:
Very generous, Pete! :beer:
Somebody is going to get themselves a nice bowl of "Pman" lasers.:yh:

Edit: Pman, you'll have to settle for the beer for now, as I must spread the rep around.

Oh is the bowl included too? That may make it worth it.:crackup: anyway :gj: Pete for getting something going here. Since you are including batteries and a charger you may want to post them in the photo too to make it look like more so that someone will donate $50 to get it.

I'll +rep him.

Alan

Pman

I fixed the post above as you need to have at least 10 REP, 18+ and have good standing here. Don't take it personal, it's isn't;)
I'll take a better pic and post the outputs but the pen type units have been made focus-able and the 405nm and 650nm light matches easy.

What you have is a 532nm focus-able pen at 71mW (standard pen that mode hops etc..), 405nm focus-able pen at 86mW (steady), 650nm focus-able pen at 105mW, Pman special 532nm unit at 70mW with 14500 and Black & Decker 532nm at 112mW with 14500 plus some extra o-rings to change the color or design and a charger. The 3 pen units are the type of unit I "play" with 99.5% of the time over any laser I own.
EUp57q.jpg

iSbq2U.jpg

It is very likely there may be other things in the package as that's how I roll;)

Last edited:
Dang, I would gladly donate for that, but I'm under 18. Sad days. If this doesn't motivate anyone to donate, I don't know what will. Will rep you when I can Pete :)

Pman

I greatly appreciate that double:)
I believe I have someone who wants them. We are working it out right now.

kiwi37

Donation sent in. Thanks again for the opportunity to own this awesome looking bowl of goodies!!!

GSS

I fixed the post above as you need to have at least 10 REP, 18+ and have good standing here. Don't take it personal, it's isn't;)
I'll take a better pic and post the outputs but the pen type units have been made focus-able and the 405nm and 650nm light matches easy.

What you have is a 532nm focus-able pen at 71mW (standard pen that mode hops etc..), 405nm focus-able pen at 86mW (steady), 650nm focus-able pen at 105mW, Pman special 532nm unit at 70mW with 14500 and Black & Decker 532nm at 112mW with 14500 plus some extra o-rings to change the color or design and a charger. The 3 pen units are the type of unit I "play" with 99.5% of the time over any laser I own.
EUp57q.jpg

iSbq2U.jpg

It is very likely there may be other things in the package as that's how I roll;)
First let me say what a awesome contribution! Companys should actually offer a package like this to a laser begginer. Strong enough to to teach safety but not "overly powerfull?" A variety of colors, hosts, strengths and an intro to the rechargable battery. Just like Pman said when I in the mood to play I always bring out the Pman 405 focus pen first (always) and 532 in the flashlight host was the first back clicky I got. To me its the perfect donation. Plus all the power is metered and not assumed. Pman it looks like you took it upon yourself to start this drive:beer::thanks::)

Pman

Thanks. I am keeping the actual bowl;) I doubled up the pens for him as he had to pay $53 to get the stuff shipped in 2 boxes international.
If this giveaway gets started again I'm sure I can come up with some stuff again:)

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Hi everyone :wave:

I am very sorry that I have been absent for about a month and have not been on here at all but something very tragic happened in my life and I am just getting back on board here. Sorry if it appeared that I abandoned this but rest assured that I am absolutely going to do a giveaway to generate donations to the forum.
Since I have been out of the loop for a month, please be patient with me as I have to read what has been going on and get back into the groove of things.
Thanks so much to Pman for checking if I was okay and it sure is nice to be back!! :)
Laser Chick

Pman

Most welcome AND welcome back;) +REP for being so willing to help the forum with the donation and just being here:)

What do you members think about this?
The event will be for October because some members have already donated this month and it is already the 16th.
- The winner will be able to chose from a pool of about 8 lasers which will vary by power output, different hosts and different wave lengths. (all lasers are in mint condition)
- I will provide a picture of all the lasers.
- The price of each laser is $50 or more.
- I will pay for shipping anywhere in the USA so it will be totally free for the winner. If the winner is outside of the USA I will work something out with the winner.
- A tracking number for the laser package will be provided.
- If the laser chosen is over 5mW, laser safety glasses for the laser will be included.
- $5 per entry.
- Can donate more than $5 to the forum, say you donate $30 for October. You will have 6 entries.
- Any member with a positive rep can enter with a donation to the forum but if you are under 18 years of age you can only chose a 5mW laser.

- Bonus! If Octobers donations total exceed $600 I will give 2 lasers so there will be a first place AND a second place winner.

Two disclaimers to protect the forum and myself;
#1. If the package is not delivered to you due to the carrier, customs or any other entity. The forum and myself are not responsible in any manner.
#2. If you do anything that is against the law or bother anybody with the laser it is all on you and the forum and myself are not responsible in any way, shape, manner or form.

I believe that should cover all the bases.

I really like the idea of anybody who comes to the forums page gets directed to an announcement with a picture of the lasers for an October donations event listing what is stated above or something similar.
If this does well I am more than willing to donate more lasers in the future also.

This is shaping up nicely :) maybe have someone who speaks legal polish it up to double check everything is covered.

Pman

I personally don't think we need to complicate all this with legal jargan. We have done these in the past many times and it doesn't need to get that complicated. Let LC set the parameters she is satisfied with just as I did.
I don't know if anyone else who offered to put their stuff in is still interested or not but I'm game to help LC cover the cost of priority mail international shipping if you are not in the US.
As LC mentioned, we need word of mouth or something to help notify others as this thread is at the bottom of the forum and can be easily overlooked.

I didn't mean that to come off hard on you at all so don't take it personal joey. It just gets so complicated adding a lot of conditions and we can't even get this rolling as it is which is pretty sad:(

Last edited: