Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers Core

So, as you (probably) already know, Wicked Lasers has been sending out lasers for people to review. I was lucky enough to be allowed to review their Core model. I got home, and there it was, got the package open, set the booklet aside, grabbed some batteries and opened the case. I picked up the Core and it felt great in my hand, nice and heavy. I opened the cap and saw that some batteries were already in it. So, I quickly screwed the cap back on, and pressed the button, and suddenly there appeared 5mW of beautiful 532nm.
]--------*
All in all, if I had to get a 5mW green laser, I would definitely buy one of these. The Lyra's from Laser Glow are just a bit too...shiny I guess. This thing is perfect, great weight, beautiful finish, free batteries! It was packaged great, in a very nice hard case, which was inside a hard paper sleeve with hole to reveal Wicked Lasers printed on the Core's case in silver. The shipping took about a week from New York state. Not Wicked's fault, most likely USPS was taking their time. But I'm not one to yell at the mail man, they know where I live after all. I would seriously recommend this to anyone looking for a good, stable green laser. It's easily 5mW. Enough of the blah-blah-blah, time for pics!

corecasewithsleeve.jpg

corecase.jpg

opencorecasewithbats.jpg
*That's it with the batteries it came with, a set of Duracell Ultra's are in it*

laserdot.jpg

No beamshots yet, will try when it's dark.

-Proto

Edit: 70 Posts w00t

EditII:I also would like to review more Wicked Lasers products, if given the opportunity

Last edited:

I know the pics are a bit blurry, but I my hands shake a lot sometimes. Also, any ideas for more pics? I couldn't think of any.

daguin

The Core makes a great host for a violet burner ;)

Peace ,
dave

lol.. looks like you FINNNNNALLLY got it!

i know you were waiting forever to get it in.. lol :p

I bet I have had 24 of these, I l like no 5 mW green laser more. I also have 4 of these made into BR lasers! The Dragon case is also good looking and a great way to take the Green or BR Core with me everywhere. Best Wishes! -Glenn

The Core is a solid built stable pointer, the innards look almost exactly like the Leadlight-110 which was a great green laser pointer. There is even an LED indicator on that laser! The laser barrel covers up the little LED though.

For pics, try using your elbows as legs for your camera, also, a 2 second timer can help reduce vibration ;)
If nothing helps, get the $1,50 tripod from DX and voilá :D

Good to know you're enjoying your new Core! I'd never take it apart either :p

More Pics, and those two are with some Plexiglass:

1000506v.jpg

1000514g.jpg

1000588v.jpg

1000589o.jpg

1000580z.jpg

1000583h.jpg

1000584o.jpg

Last edited:
I wish, but seeing as how it's only 5mW, no. If it's dimly lit, and the beam passes something really dark, you can see a hint of it.

Moptsp

is the beam visable in a lit room?

In a mid way lit room, my core's beam is slightly visible if you look down the beam at a small angle (10-20 degrees). I modded my core a while back and the beam is now pretty visible, not "bright", but you can definitely see it. Though it's not too stable. :(

(It probably peeks at 15mw, avg's to 9-12mw)

As far as Nova and Dragon, I haven't ordered from them, but I do know that both companies sell the same high quality pointers (I guess your looking into the pen styles), from CNI.
Dragonlasers I believe have slightly better prices, but I have heard Novalasers is more trust worthy.

Either way, I have heard good stuff from both. :)

-Moptsp

Last edited: