Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wicked lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARG

The reason I don't like WL is that some of the goggles they included with the Arctic in the beginning had an extremely low OD and let a lot of light through.
Having such a poor attitude towards customer safety makes them beyond redemption.

Theirs hosts are neat and everything, but there are great alternatives. Why even bother with WL when there are better alternatives that are pretty much the same?
Arctic/Krypton ---> Jetlasers/Rifle
Core ----> Laserglow Anser

and in regards to them stretching the truth. That is one thing i agree on to an extent. They state that the arctic is the most powerful handheld laser that you can legally own which is true in the us where i live.

Check out their FDA variance number, IIRC it was a fake. They are not legal to import to the USA if it is.

I don't know a lot about USA law, but I think all lasers are legal to own, but not to import.

Last edited:

merged triple post

I would need to see significant evidence of that change, before being comfortable ordering from them myself, or telling anyone that it's ok to order from them.

This is a company that I have personally seen outright lie, on many occasions.

Even then, I would most likely not order from them, because there are companies that offer comparable products, at comparable, and often better prices, that have, and continue to have excellent service.

So when asked, will continue to refer people to WL competitors... why wouldn't I? I don't want to do these people, looking for advice a disservice.

IMO products from WL should only be purchased secondhand, after being tested by a neutral middleman. This is consistent with advice always given, when the credibility of a seller on the forum is in question.
i certainly understand that they have lied in the past but there are many people saying that WL has changed. I have numerous friends that have also gotten an over spec laser that did not die. So if you don't feel comfortable buying or referring people to the site then simply do not refer them away from the site. StyroPyro has a good review of the arctic and that was ever before they became reliable.

The reason I don't like WL is that some of the goggles they included with the Arctic in the beginning had an extremely low OD and let a lot of light through.
Having such a poor attitude towards customer safety makes them beyond redemption.

Theirs hosts are neat and everything, but there are great alternatives. Why even bother with WL when there are better alternatives that are pretty much the same?
Arctic/Krypton ---> Jetlasers/Rifle
Core ----> Laserglow Anser

Check out their FDA variance number, IIRC it was a fake. They are not legal to import to the USA if it is.

I don't know a lot about USA law, but I think all lasers are legal to own, but not to import.
the glasses that i got work better then expected but i understand and respect your concern for the people on the forum. Also if people ask about WL and this is truly what you believe then u can just refer them to a pair of low cost glasses off amazon.

Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

447nm laser 289 for 400mw

Optotronics Product Details

For a small difference of 219 dollars you can buy a krypton laser that is only 10mw less

Alpha HP 225 Handheld Laser - Alpha HP Series - Novalasers Inc.

for 200 dollars lass you can get the krypton that is 25mw more than this laser

Last edited by a moderator:

Encap

and in regards to them stretching the truth. That is one thing i agree on to an extent. They state that the arctic is the most powerful handheld laser that you can legally own which is true in the us where i live.

That is of course 100% wrong and not USA law, regulation or policy and it no longer says that on the WL site but it used to. Under US Federal law it is legal to own a laser of any power.

WL got you hook, line, and sinker with that line which they no longer have on the web site. I just looked at the current WL site and it even says what I am telling you. Go to the page where you buy an Arctic--under the orange button that says "add to cart" there are 3 buttons, worldwide delivery, 100% legal guaranteed, and 30 day money back guarantee---point to the middle button that says 100% legal guaranteed---the popup will tell you it is legal to own any power of laser in USA.
WL used to say "highest power you can legally own"--was never the case---was just marketing gimmick from times past before WL offered a 1.25W Arctic for $399.95. and before outpout powers above 1W could be made easily by anyone or company. In reality there never was an output power limit.

As mentioned even first time buliders on this forum build more powerful than that first time out these days. Actually in todays world above 2W is becoming commonplace.

Many companies now make 1.2W, 1.5W, 2W. There is no limit and never was a limit to output power that can be legally owned in USA. You can legally own any power you want or have.

Last edited:
i certainly understand that they have lied in the past but there are many people saying that WL has changed. I have numerous friends that have also gotten an over spec laser that did not die. So if you don't feel comfortable buying or referring people to the site then simply do not refer them away from the site. StyroPyro has a good review of the arctic and that was ever before they became reliable.

I'm not going to address the other points, because you seem to be ignoring poignant questions, but I will address this one.

Why in the world should I NOT refer people away from a website that to my knowledge, and based on countless experiences of others, offers inferior products, and has a history of lying?

You are clearly a very satisfied customer.

Why not instead of simply making claims, provide some basis for your opinion.

How about a detailed review of your overspec Wicked Lasers lasers?

Please do tape it all. LPM measurements. Host tear down. Host temperature during operation. Current draw measurements.

You say you have friends with overspec lasers from WL... invite these friends to the forum too please. Ask them to also post reviews.

You have proclaimed yourself to be a promoter of WL. So please, provide proof of your claims, that WL has changed.

A few hundred glowing, detailed reviews would can swing around people's opinions.

Can you please provide us links to those? You see it's no trouble at all to find a "few" negative WL reviews...

So please, do kindly either put up some evidence of your claims, or shut up.

Last edited:

Encap

100% right ARG!

WL products are in violation of FDA rules and regualtions ---"Detention Without Physical Examination Of Laser Pointers, Laser Gunsights, Laser Levels, Laser Light Shows, Laser Pointer Key Chains, & Similar Products That Fail To Comply With Applicable Performance Standards And Reporting Requirements." is what they call it. WL can not legally ship lasers to USA.

They are the only company listed 5 times in the same Import Alert ---a distinction of sorts--4 times under "China" and 1 time under "Hong Kong"
I guess they could make up a new marketing line or two about that---maybe "only company and lasers to be certified by the US FDA 5 times" or some such half truth BS gimmick --even better how about " the only company and lasers to be sanctioned 5 times by the US FDA".
It is called spin control in some places.
See Import Alert 95-04

Last edited:
Well he's obviously not going to provide a review how about at least a picture of your laser with your lpf user name and today's date, so we can even verify you own a WL and not just trolling.

In regards to you commenting on laserglow, yes the prices are more expensive but I wouldn't say the quality is worse than WL's.

I'm not so sure why you want to be such an advocate of WL, but I'm sure they'd appreciate it on their own forum. Its not at all worth trying to convert the dozens of people they screwed.

daguin

Five weeks ago he was just beginning to plan for his first build
He was also asking about BeamQ and O-Like so he could get an up to spec laser

Now he is an expert on companies, technical advances, customer service, and understands the hobby better than people who have been doing this for years

He is either naive, a troll, or a "young" user that has been recruited by WL to post positive messages about WL
(or he is a shill for WL under a new user name)

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Dave you are probably right. I've asked multiple time for a review of this on spec laser he's bragging about or even proof he owns one and have yet to see anything.

Fiddy

This is a quality thread :pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

My experience, i have 4 WL arctics, never purchased a single 1 directly from WL.

only 2 out of the 4 where still alive, 1 was the new version and it LPM's at 1.46W with a 1.25W factory claim. The old is doing only 750mW on a good day.

The tail cap switches and boots are notorious for buggering up, but what i have noticed is WL has sent me a replacement for my second hand tail caps for free, which was interesting.

Encap

Five weeks ago he was just beginning to plan for his first build
He was also asking about BeamQ and O-Like so he could get an up to spec laser

Now he is an expert on companies, technical advances, customer service, and understands the hobby better than people who have been doing this for years

He is either naive, a troll, or a "young" user that has been recruited by WL to post positive messages about WL
(or he is a shill for WL under a new user name)

Peace,
dave

Excellent observations.
That he does not want to listen, learn, or seem to know much about what is and is not the case plus quotes a marketing line that no longer is used on the WL web site and has never been true at any time like "They state that the arctic is the most powerful handheld laser that you can legally own which is true in the us where i live" is suspicious. It is difficult to be wrong about/misperceive so many aspects at the same time.

Not unsurprisingly we have yet to see any actual evidence to back up the claims made here.

I guess WL is hiring kids to shill for them again. Wouldn't be the first time.

merged consecutive posts

Dave you are probably right. I've asked multiple time for a review of this on spec laser he's bragging about or even proof he owns one and have yet to see anything.
this is ridiculous i do own a wl arctic. I am not trolling and i wish wl would recruit me to do that as that might mean that they would give me some of there products.

and also why would you need to see a pic of my laser what would that do. I have bought many lasers from wl so before you people start judging me try them for yourself. In response to the review i just have no interest in doing it it will take a long time and i dont need to satisfy u that much. I have no idea exactly when wl started improving their reliability but if u ask anyone that has ordered a laser since december then they will tell u that it is worth getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is, we want proof you have an arctic that is actually outputting what you say it is. I for one do not trust the graphs WL sends with the laser (if they even do anymore).

Also, another problem you face here is that we have been screwed by WL numerous times since the arctics came into play. The general consensus here wants no part of WL and, in that we will not recommend others to buy from them.

Do what you so please, but you'll only get more red bars trying to get us to do as you please.

Edit: We would like pictures as proof you actually have one, your refusal to do so is a little fishy, and honestly it's not hard at all to upload to the internet. Take a picture, resize to 800x600 (can be done in paint on windows), and upload to the post. Once again, I will NOT try buying from them myself again, nor will the general consensus here. Once again, it doesn't matter to me if they have improved.

If a bully stole your lunch money one week, and then politely asked you for it the next week, would you give it to him?

I see no reason other than you working for the company for you to push this much trying to show how great they are.

Last edited:
Thing is, we want proof you have an arctic that is actually outputting what you say it is. I for one do not trust the graphs WL sends with the laser (if they even do anymore).

Also, another problem you face here is that we have been screwed by WL numerous times since the arctics came into play. The general consensus here wants no part of WL and, in that we will not recommend others to buy from them.

Do what you so please, but you'll only get more red bars trying to get us to do as you please.

Edit: We would like pictures as proof you actually have one, your refusal to do so is a little fishy, and honestly it's not hard at all to upload to the internet. Take a picture, resize to 800x600 (can be done in paint on windows), and upload to the post. Once again, I will NOT try buying from them myself again, nor will the general consensus here. Once again, it doesn't matter to me if they have improved.

If a bully stole your lunch money one week, and then politely asked you for it the next week, would you give it to him?

I see no reason other than you working for the company for you to push this much trying to show how great they are.
i understand your concern but i have never uploaded a pic and do not know how tell me and ill do it

Status
Not open for further replies.