Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers - lying about tracking info

kng

They promised me shipment in late september, and behold I got the package today.. minutes later I got a email from WL with the tracking number :p
My order number was a 528xx delivered to Sweden, and I got the complete tracking number.

The battery was completely drained (3V, not good on Li+) and the plug on the charger was a US-model :/

(The battery seems fine now after some use...)

Last edited:

loic

I think it is the ID number, a tracking number has to be much longer

you are correct loic, i found out the number they provided me was an internal reference number (apparently)

the arctic showed up, however the tracking ticket they gave me never updated, and the sticker on the package doesnt match the tracking number they eventually provided me.

now i have to wait some time for them to send my lens cleaning pen and extra pair of goggles, which i will probably just bin the goggles, as the first pair i recieved were completely crap and usuable with this sort of power.

on the positive side, my DL goggles were attempted delivery today, have arranged for it to be redirected to my work , so should get them tomorrow or the day after

Wicked Lasers sure were slow to deliver...

I ordered my Arctic Laser on 9 July. I finally received confirmation of my purchase from WL on 10 August with an expected shipping date of approx. 6 more weeks. On 26 August I was sent a ship date of 27 September. The package arrived via UPS on 30 September.

Did you know:
Floppy disks stink when you burn holes through them :D

I ordered mine before you and just received it two days ago...

I'm unqualified to know whether I got a good laser or not, but it does light matches and puts out an impressive looking beam. I'm trying to learn more about lasers (which is how I stumbled across this place) so that I can test my Arctic and learn more about what I really bought.

In all, I'll probably never order from WL again considering it took over 8 months to get my product. However, I consider myself lucky at this point.

jakeGT

this is what happened the last time border patrol taped an immigrants head. although this immigrant seems european.:crackup::crackup:

i am not trying to ressurect an old thread or anything and can and will delete this comment if necessary, but that guy is from my hometown of ashland, ky.. just google ashland, ky and duct tape bandit.

he tried robbing a liqour store with duct tape wrapped around his head, and hands and stuck it in the register and got like 6 bucks in change, then the cops tackled him. haha

kaseykazeeAP_450x410.jpg

jakeGT

yeah he struggled and fought for about 5 minutes and kept getting slammed and whooped over and over haha/

Wicked lasers??

Does anyone have a recent experience with wicked lasers, good or bad? Most, if not all of the negative reviews I have read, here and elsewhere are from 2010 and 2011. Most of the issues also seem to center around shipping time and communication. Once the laser is received people seem pleased. I am considering a purchase and would live some feedback. Thank you.

I am pretty sure this is a necro post but I will answer your question.

Wicked lasers has not improved. If you want good quality overspec lasers see laserbtb.com

Cheap, fast shipping, good quality, everything you want.

Hope that helps.
-Matt

I would say they've improved, but I wouldn't *recommend* them as a top choice... unless you absolutely have to have their host. There are better options out there

I had nothing but good experience with Wicked Lasers...

What i like about it is:

The host:
* Takes protected and unprotected cells. (comes with Panasonic cell)
* Has allot of options to attaché to it (for a price ofcourse) (dust cover included)
* Comes with operation modes (i like this as it come's handy when taking picture's a.k.a low mode, high mode etc..)
* Has all the safety ''FDA''

The people:
* Customer service is good, aslong you are nice, they are nice.
* RMA service works (When something is broken, the will replace or send replacement) *My experience... ^

Things included:
* Panasonic cell, good safety glasses with storage case and cloth (looks to do even better then mine from Laserglow ?)
*comes with charger (never used it)
*Panflates and booklet with instructions on how to use and how not to use it.

The units itself:
WL Core: Onspec.
WL Nano: avoid these.
WL spyder III: On-spec and even over spec (Arctic (who can go wrong these day's with these diode's) , Krypton ...( some problems in the beginning when it came out... they relabled some and now the most powerfull is a 750mW.
- got a 1W version when they were sold from a member here that is not active anymore .... it did it's job..
-Got a 250mW version (not sold anymore) * Doing 300mW.
-WL Lunar: has a nice clean round (tight) dot and is doing 451mW. (rated >400mW)
-WL Inferno: Well i think this is the best beam corrected 638nm handheld in the market today and comes overspec aswell to even a whooping 1W if you are Lucky.... mine is overspec close and over 800mW (i have two)
WL EVO: Host looks cool but with only 100mW as there max ... it's something you would love for i't looks alone.
Sure it comes with allot of options for a price aswell, but don't count on it doing 150mW or overspec atleast. (aldo i have only tested it with 1.2V cells)

Anno 2014.

Cheers, Sm

As for: there are better options, sure there are .... but i like them all ^_^

Wl expensive ? : Perhaps... but not for me ... seeing as this has a good effect on younger people not being able to afford one.

Last edited:
WL just suck, they were amazing many years ago now just ugghh avoid them all you can and their nonsense prices and under spec lasers...

-WL Inferno: Well i think this is the best beam corrected 638nm handheld in the market today and comes overspec aswell to even a whooping 1W if you are Lucky.... mine is overspec close and over 800mW (i have two)

Interesting - do you know what diode they use for this? I'm guessing either the multimode Mitsu or Oclaro? I didn't know about the beam correction either.