Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Lunar and Inferno

For those interested :whistle:

Wicked Lasers released the Lunar 405nm and Inferno 635nm in Spyder III host today.

Cheers, Sm.

Last edited:

ARG

The marketing is more innovative than the design, they just repurposed the arctic host and driver :p
They really should stop claiming to have the most powerful handheld lasers.

Benur

OMG! :eek: $300 for a 400mW 445nm
and $400!!! for a 700mW 635nm.

I wonder what safety glasses you get with the inferno...

It can't be the ones they alway's ship....

Thanks for letting me know Smeer!

And I think it should be obvious to all that WL will keep on using the fake propaganda that "they own the most powerful laser" just to attract customers because they know without that their sales would drop and in a couple of months would be off the market.

Isn't the most powerful laser currently available in the IR range? I can't remember.

Edit: I read over their inferno series and I seeing this quoted below.

"Forged in the fires of a living star, the Inferno is the world's most powerful handheld red laser, with a beam so intense it will bring light to even the darkest reaches of our Universe"

My thoughts: Oh really? 750mW is the most powerful handheld red laser? I mean...it's not like we have been seeing 1W 650nm's around the market at all.

And the beam will bring out the darkest reaches of our universe? Let me see that go through a DARK HOLE and im 100% I won't see anything being "brought to light"

Last edited:
I wish they'd just sell the Krypton hosts without any of the decals on it. If they did, and I had the time and money to learn to make lasers, i'd put those hosts to good use with the smartswitch being replaced by a constant on button, and a momentary on button above it, like with the PL-E Pro.

ARG

I wonder what safety glasses you get with the inferno...

It can't be the ones they alway's ship....

True, I hope they do provide some. Else some people may use their lasers in close quarters without goggles.

True, I hope they do provide some. Else some people may use their lasers in close quarters without goggles.

Im not trying to over-criticize WL but im sure all they will do is have the same "safety-goggles" but just change the actual lens of the glasses.

Edit: I believe as I have said before everyone can buy what ever they want, it dosen't change my view of them. In my mind everyone deserves the same respect, nobody gets more or less and purchasing a WL dosen't make you "less of a human".

So if you want, buy a WL and have fun!

Last edited:
Did you see their video? It's pathetic.

Oh wow, just realized I haven't yet. Im going to check it out now, thanks for reminding me Cheesy!

But I believe you if you say it's pathetic :D

Edit: Watch 20 seconds on the "Lunar" series and the first thing I hear.

The Lunar is the most powerful UV laser.

Wow..really? 405nm is UV now according to WL ;)

Last edited:
Well this is the way I see it(now that I looked over their site)

They only released the "Inferno" and "Luna" because common, a company selling only blue and green in their most popular laser being the "Artic" and "Krypton" wasn't going to keep them in buisness for a long time.

They came up with the other wavelength's so customers who already both from them will return and make them a profit and more people will chose them since they offer a more variety of wavelengths.

I personally won't buy from WL, but Cheesy if you want im fine with it :)

Heck, im going to be spending more then $200 for a 5mW 405nm :)

Last edited:
WL makes decent lasers. Their DPSS green modules used to be from CNI but at some point they switched to cheaper stuff.
Their marketing has always been over the top and their prices are high but tbh there's not much to complain about as far as their products are concerned. IMO their hosts are kinda cheesy but I'm not really into lightsabery designs... simple and utilitarian is good for me.
Some say their customer service sucks but I've never had to deal with that.
The first Evo "pro" I bought back in 2009 was actually really nice (that's when the module was CNI).
There's no need for all the trash talk. If you don't like them, don't promote them. Shrug.

Last edited:
WL makes decent lasers. Their DPSS green modules used to be from CNI but at some point they switched to cheaper stuff.
Their marketing has always been over the top and their prices are high but tbh there's not much to complain about as far as their products are concerned. IMO their hosts are kinda cheesy but I'm not really into lightsabery designs... simple and utilitarian is good for me.
Some say their customer service sucks but I've never had to deal with that.
The first Evo "pro" I bought back in 2009 was actually really nice (that's when the module was CNI).
There's no need for all the trash talk. If you don't like them, don't promote them. Shrug.

I agree, I mean if someone wants to buy a high quality laser for a good price WL isn't going to be the first place I direct them to, but if someone wants a WL laser then hey, I think everyone should get what makes them happy and should still be helped no matter what interests them :yh:

PS: Except those "Military Grade" eBay lasers, I will make sure nobody buys one of those :D

Last edited: