Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked lasers krypton review

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all the replies from you, my friends, I just sent an Email to Steve at WL & told him I am pulling the plug on his offer. I have too many other things going on in my life right now to keep up with all the correspondence that would be needed to do this properly. OH well, it was an idea. I thank all of you who responded to this post for your advice, comments, cautions, etc. I just don't need any more stress than I'm under right now.
Thanks to ALL !!!!! rob

Keeping the funds and purchase separate from the reviewer is key. I nominate who else but Dave, ( sorry Dave) he is more than able to coordinate the funding logistics and no one has a reason to say sh-t to him. True, he's a Mod but a well respected member of the laser community. He can also select a member based on he's requirements and testing protocol and hes got the experience. If the tester is critical or not i think it has little impact as long as testing protocol is followed. I believe a gentleman posting on this thread who is fluent and quite specific in regards to testing procedures may be a possible candidate. Who this is? Who knows? But we don't really need to know. As long as he reports the data to the "testing coordinator" , a second round of tests can quickly confirm or disallow a review for a final post

First, testing protocol must be documented and vetted in an open forum. After the agreed upon test requirements have been made available for public consumption...Then our test coordinator will in fact insure the names , protocol, test data have been treated fairly or not. At no point is the tester , name, location, results to be mentioned in PM, open forum, essentially carrying this secret burden to he's final grave!!

Will the final results yield controversy? Sure, be design i have no doubt. Although, if the confirmed guidelines and protocol's are followed with zero deviation even the harshest comments will be negated or kept to a minimum.

Dave - I know your cursing me, don't ban me. lol Your the first person with these characteristics that came to mind. I vote Dave!!!!

The Review needs to be blind tested and this whole thread
should be in the Vets Section... even though some members
could enlighten Steve or Dan as to what's going on...

The Tester and the Buyer should be 2 different persons in
two different geological areas as was suggested....

I'm sure there is a way of Polling for a Neutral Honest tester
by PM.. It's a bit more time consuming but I can be done with
the results posted after the Laser is bought or the Review is
done.

Jerry

Plz close this thread- the idea and goals have been ruined. we are done here.:horse:

Even if the random WL were spec things would not change one iota.. too bad:cryyy:.. the Banas family could have used the $$ when it later got sold.

hak

jakeGT

Not one single person here told him not to do it^^^^
So there's no need to act as if the members did something wrong in this thread. We didn't.

Rob said he didn't want to deal with the hassle. If he's losing a free $1,000 on this deal that's his fault...

After reading all the replies from you, my friends, I just sent an Email to Steve at WL & told him I am pulling the plug on his offer. I have too many other things going on in my life right now to keep up with all the correspondence that would be needed to do this properly. OH well, it was an idea. I thank all of you who responded to this post for your advice, comments, cautions, etc. I just don't need any more stress than I'm under right now.
Thanks to ALL !!!!! rob

Hi Rob,
I think you made a good decision not to do this.
No matter how honest a review anyone claims to do, free product, greasing the palm or "payola" will influence the outcome.

IF WL is consistent with their product, then it will trickle down to honest reviews from real paying customers.
One review or review unit means little because it's too smal a sample size. If it's good, then some may say that that person got lucky and got a good one or if it's bad WL could say that it must have been damaged in shipping or something as these things do happen; but if they consistently put out good up to spec stuff and provide good support, then it will eventually show by the true unbiased real paying customer reviews in the LPF by longtime forum members (not those reviews you see here for a $1,000 laser by some who joined the same day or has 3 posts to their name). I also wouldn't look for a honest sampling of their product reviews on their own forum as anything negative about their products / service or anything positive about any other Mfgs products / service gets quickly deleted.

Thanks to ALL !!!!! rob

Yeah Rob.... I believe you made the right choice for now.
You have enough to juggle as is is and this project would
require a lot of legwork (keeping track of the whole thing).

Plz close this thread- the idea and goals have been ruined. we are done here.:horse:

Even if the random WL were spec things would not change one iota.. too bad:cryyy:.. the Banas family could have used the $$ when it later got sold.

hak
I'll have to disagree with you on that one...
Nothing has been ruined.... It may have only been postponed..

All the Members tried to find a solution to get this done honestly...
I didn't hear anyone shoot down this idea... not even by WL Lousy Ethics critics like myself....;)

Jerry

Last edited:

jakeGT

That's what I'm saying jerry^ everyone who posted was all for it. They just wanted it to be done the RIGHT way

I've already sent an Email to WL telling them thanks but no thanks, so any further discussion involving ME to review the Krypton are now moot.

That does NOT mean that any other QUALIFIED Member can Email WL, & try to do the same thing though. But plz. count me out, OK ? Thanks to all how expressed their opinions, either way.

BTW, see my UP-DATE in my other thread about that other thing.............Thanks, rob

jakeGT

I'm still getting a sense that Rob or Len is mad. I hope that's not the case, we were just trying to help.

It is what it is. I don't think anyone except one person was actually upset about Rob's proposal, or had a problem with him making some money for his efforts, at least in organizing a review.

At this point though, he doesn't want to do it. So end of story. That is unless one of the other senior vets wants to take over the project, and contact Steve about it.

It is what it is. I don't think anyone except one person was actually upset about Rob's proposal, or had a problem with him making some money for his efforts, at least in organizing a review.

At this point though, he doesn't want to do it. So end of story. That is unless one of the other senior vets wants to take over the project, and contact Steve about it.

Did Hell freeze over....:thinking: or did you see a flying Pig....:thinking:

Ain't gonna happen from my end..... I don't trust Steve Liu
since he shares my private E-Mails with his stooges that try
to post them here...

But if some other Vet wants to do it... I'm all for that...:D

Jerry

Did Hell freeze over....:thinking: or did you see a flying Pig....:thinking:

Ain't gonna happen from my end..... I don't trust Steve Liu
since he shares my private E-Mails with his stooges that try
to post them here...

But if some other Vet wants to do it... I'm all for that...:D

Well, I'd be happy to assist in organizing, but I don't think I qualify as "senior" vet:p Nor do I have Steve's info.

There were some great suggestions about other people earlier in the thread though.

Besides, if you're worried about emails being posted and such, you should adopt an NSA policy.

NEVER SAY ANYTHING that can come back to bite you. Something I take as common practice professionally except when dealing with people I trust completely.

Besides, if you're worried about emails being posted and such, you should adopt an NSA policy.

NEVER SAY ANYTHING that can come back to bite you. Something I take as common practice professionally except when dealing with people I trust completely.

It had nothing to do with the content... It had to do with
out-of-Forum E-Mail privacy between 2 CEOs of 2 companies...

It is simply not done... but then again it only proves that the
CEO of WL can't be trusted since he has no moral ethics... IMO

Jerry

Last edited:
I can't speak for Len, but I think that he'd agree with me that there are NO HARD FEELINGS toward anyone at all. WL just wanted to make me jump through way to many hoops to do this review, for which I neither have the correct mind set or physical time to do a complete & accurate review. Actually TJ was the one that laid it out clearly for me to see, & for that I thank him. Good job BIG GUY !!!! I am NOT upset with ANY LPF Member at all. I WILL ADMIT though that I WILL MISS the $$$ that would have come from the sale of the KRYPTON, that WL was gonna donate to us. It's all moot now though. CHEERS, rob

Maybe you can do it later when your personal problems
have been settled...;)

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.