Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Krypton "1W"

jakeGT

I didn't mean promise, that was bad wording. I meant trick people with the 1W label, now people wont expect 1W because there isn't a 1W model anymore.

It's a step forward, and they will have more satisfied customers now.

Lase

It's a step forward, and they will have more satisfied customers now.

I bet there will be a lot of hate mail along the lines of 'I wanted a 1W laser why don't you sell it any more?'

And arguments over having the 1W version: 'Which must be better than the 750mW version because the label says so."

Lase

im impressed that on the kryptons they label it as 150mW+....but;

1) it doesn't make up for years of shit service
2) the artic is still labeled as 1W
3) they still have ripped of a ton of people
4) did i mention years of super shitty service and ripping people off?
5) how many people bought 1W kryptons and 1W artics that were/are not even close to spec
6)http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/33-reasons-not-buy-wicked-lasers-56289.html

1 right doesnt make up for a infinite amount of wrongs :whistle:

They have had years of great service and great products and they have had undeniably had bad times as well. WL operated for many years successfully before having any issues. It would be a stretch to say they had years of shitty service. The shitty service was a recent thing and it was as a result of their flood of orders of the Arctic. Aside from the arctic fiasko WL has always had resposive customer service. In fact if you looks at your 33 thread nearly everything listed is about the arctic. I haven't seen a review of one in a while so I do not know if they are 1W or not. Could be. Isn't hard to attain.
As for ripping people off I do not know a single person who was unsatisfied with their order who did not either receive a refund or a satisfactory replacement. If you want to see a company who rips people off take a look at Thinklasers. That might give you some perspective.

What about the Nexus, Phoenix, pulsar, E2, E3, Krypton, Spyder II, Spyder III etc?
They have had years of great lasers long before the core, the torch and countless noobs popped up and they still have a nice product lineup. They are lacking some wavelengths though. It would be nice if they offered some high powered 635nm and 405nm. Especially if they could get some beam correcting optics mass produced for the 635nm diodes. If they had a 700mW 635nm Spyder with corrected beam I'd be all over it.

Lase

What about the Nexus, Phoenix, pulsar, E2, E3, Krypton, Spyder II, Spyder III etc?
They have had years of great lasers long before the core, the torch and countless noobs popped up and they still have a nice product lineup. They are lacking some wavelengths though. It would be nice if they offered some high powered 635nm and 405nm. Especially if they could get some beam correcting optics mass produced for the 635nm diodes. If they had a 700mW 635nm Spyder with corrected beam I'd be all over it.

If they sold their 'Limited Edition' 589 (or 593.5?) on spec and to the public as well as offering other on spec lasers, I'd be a little less hesitant about buying from them.

So far I have my first WL on it's way to me after it turned out to be underspec and a different wavelength altogether. At least I know what I'm getting.

Lase

The 750mW version IS their 1W. It has a minimum guaranteed output of 750mW and a Maximum output of 1W. It used to be labeled per the maximum output but they have since changed their labeling system to the minimum output. And they never promised 1W. They have always clearly listed the specs of the Krypton series. The only "promise" or guarantee they made was the minimum output power.

They have had years of great service and great products and they have had undeniably had bad times as well. WL operated for many years successfully before having any issues. It would be a stretch to say they had years of shitty service. The shitty service was a recent thing and it was as a result of their flood of orders of the Arctic. Aside from the arctic fiasko WL has always had resposive customer service. In fact if you looks at your 33 thread nearly everything listed is about the arctic. I haven't seen a review of one in a while so I do not know if they are 1W or not. Could be. Isn't hard to attain.
As for ripping people off I do not know a single person who was unsatisfied with their order who did not either receive a refund or a satisfactory replacement. If you want to see a company who rips people off take a look at Thinklasers. That might give you some perspective.

I'm willing to turn my opinion of WL around if those new Laser
specs are on target..... buy you still sound like you are in the
pockets of WL....:thinking:

I've never seen anyone fight so hard for a company that has
been so bad for that past 2 years except guys like CBDFwhatever
and Dan their original Sales Reps...

Man they put up a fight to protect WL... but they were paid to...:whistle:

Jerry

well, I do see slow progress in wicked lasers. Altough i never wanted to buy from them, i might grab their next "new" product.

But only if they improved even more :p

greetings,,

jakeGT

Yeah I'm gonna feel like a douche if I ever send WL any money. I'd be ashamed

But I may give them a chance

Man, I wish I worked for WL, I'd have an awesome laser collection. I would assume their employees either get hefty discounts or free bonus lasers.

Man, I wish I worked for WL, I'd have an awesome laser collection. I would assume their employees either get hefty discounts or free bonus lasers.

If you are really not already getting something from WL...
contact them with a copy of all your posts from the past
month praising them and I'm sure that if they can hire a
12 year old as a sale rep... they could surely hire you.....:)

Jerry

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea. It's not so much that I'd want to work for them rather I'd like to have 1 of every laser they produce (and the torch) for free lol. I paid a lot for the E3 and Spyder.

Re: Wicked Lasers Krapton "1W"

Anybody see this latest development?

Wicked Lasers - Powergraph preview

Coherent's Newest High Performance LabMax-TOP Laser Power/Energy Meter Accuracy ±1.0%, Power Resolution 0.00001 Statistical Analysis: Min, Max, Mean, Range, Std Dev, Energy Dose, & Stability; Trend Charting, Tuning, Beam Stability Analysis, Extra Large Positional Display (112mm x 78mm) and Data Logging to a USB Flash Drive Directly on the Meter or PC w/ LabView Software.

It took them all this time from the 1st Krypton Laser they sold
to find one with that output curve... if in fact it is an undoctored
Graph of an actual krypton...

I don't see a video of them doing that test... just an arbitrary
graph...

Oh BTW the small pic at the bottom of that page reads 22Watts...:thinking:

I wonder if they actually bought a LabMax or they got one of
our members to do the Graph...:thinking:

From WL link...

Wicked Lasers only trusts Coherent LabMax and FieldMaxII w/ PM30 sensors to ensure maximum accuracy in our certification.

Jerry