Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers GIANT price drops!?

joshv

Huge WL Price Drop -Need help comparing these two!

Im looking for a powerful Green laser. Wicked laser has apperantly had a price drop in the last 24 hours and two of their green lasers are looking mighty fine to me.
Can anyone help me decide between these two lasers?

One is a pen style at 150mw of 532 Green called the E3 Elite Fusion for $199:
Green Laser Pointer from Wicked Lasers - Elite Series

and the other is 100mw of 532 Green the familiar S3 Spyder Fusion for $199.
Green Laser Pointer from Wicked Lasers - Spyder III Pro

Now obviously the Spyder version is going to be much more powerful? Im new to all of this but the power consumption for the spyder is <2500Ma with Lithium Ion Battery Type 18650
, while the elite is only <700MA with two AAA's.

Re: Huge WL Price Drop -Need help comparing these two!

The Spyder III is huge, nine inches long and almost two across (no jokes, immature people :na:) and the Elite Pro is just a regular pen sized laser. The Spyder will have longer duty cycles, but will be less portable.

joshv

Do you think that the two beam would be equivalent? I just want something that will go as far as I can see, not really sure if the pen would be able to output enough power.

Prices are real. With the amount of sales they got with the Arctic they've decided to lower other lasers' prices to be on par with the Arctic.

Back when Steve was getting people to do all the reviews last year I told him that lowering the prices would dramatically increase sales.. I guess he thought I was full of it at the time. Gotta look at the big picture, though. being less greedy now tends to increase profits in the long run.

Trevor

The pen is going to be barely at or below spec. Only rarely does a pen output >150mW of pure green, and those are from suppliers who have way better reputations that Wicked Lasers.

The Spyder will probably have similar current draw (less, I would hope); they say <2500mA as a blanket statement for all of the power levels of the green Sypder. After all, 700mA is less than 2500mA. :)

If I were you (and assuming you're bent on going with WL) I'd go for the Spyder. It will have a way better duty cycle.

-Trevor

Last edited:

joshv

If I were you (and assuming you're bent on going with WL) I'd go for the Fusion. It will have a way better duty cycle.

-Trevor

Lol wait! They are both called fusions, are you saying to go with the spyder?
Thanks

Trevor

Lol wait! They are both called fusions, are you saying to go with the spyder?
Thanks

Uh, whoops, yes. My first comments were on the pen, and the second ones were on the Spyder. My bad. :p

-Trevor

joshv

Thank you Trevor

prices are wonderfull.. i hope also dragonlaser and optotronics... lower prices...

buys.... the REAL price pf a laser is very lower than what WE PAY it for

prices are normal on this page
Compare the Properties of Wicked Laser Beams
plus seems like they are planning a different blue laser or something. with 6mm beam diameter. might be 473nm.

if they can sell at this price now, that probably means they were manufacturing for less than these prices all along, and hoping their large prices made them look like a high quality store :wtf:

prices are normal on this page
Compare the Properties of Wicked Laser Beams
plus seems like they are planning a different blue laser or something. with 6mm beam diameter. might be 473nm.

if they can sell at this price now, that probably means they were manufacturing for less than these prices all along, and hoping their large prices made them look like a high quality store :wtf:

Those are all their old lasers, the blue one was rated TEM03, and they don't even list any of them anymore, they did a few days ago, the new price drops killed them off.

Last edited:
I noticed the Sonar 200mW for only $89. That's actually worth buying if I didn't have a 215mW 6x already.

Lol. Not everything is updated so some prices look funny next to the others. I am happy they went down. They probably thought..."Hey instead of selling our products at 2000% mark up...." lol. Anyways I am happy some reasoning struck them.