Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Evolution Pro In-Depth Review

Asherz

Nice review, very in depth... But the pictures could do with improving.

This isn't a dig at your but when people increase the aperture on the camera so that the beam just looks like a solid green line surely it does not represent the true appearance of it, wouldn't it be best to set it to a delay that best represents the true appearance of the beam to the human eye?

Well like I said nice review, very well done.

im surprised Grix or MGDett didnt get one since Ranged and niko got one..

I still don't know why you're saying that. It seems you have a tendency to underestimate my knowledge. I tried to ignore you but I'd really like to know what you have to say. Please answer maturely, again I don't want this thread to become into a flame thread. If you have any further problems you can always write me a Private Message.

Great Review Niko........only one thing..How are these FDA approved? FDA requires a 5 point safety sytem.
CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21

As styroawesome said on another thread, the 5 point safety system is not required by the FDA, he said that if there is a good explanation of why the laser does not need ALL of those safety features the FDA can approve it and it's instantly "FDA Approved".

This isn't a dig at your but when people increase the aperture on the camera so that the beam just looks like a solid green line surely it does not represent the true appearance of it, wouldn't it be best to set it to a delay that best represents the true appearance of the beam to the human eye?

I don't know if you regularly use DSLRs but yesterday my yard was completely dark but the sky wasn't, it was violet/grey. It's kinda hard to balance the aperture to get a good picture of the sky while making the beam visible (WHILE HOLDING THE LASER WITH MY HAND). Again, when I get the tripod+clamp I'll re-shoot the beamshots. The laser is very bright to the bare eye indeed, I didn't give the camera a 30 second exposure time if that's what you fear.

Excellent review! And this really does seem to be a good product, whod a thought. :D
Yes! A very thorough and well written review Niko!

:gj:
Jay
Ditto! -Glenn

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your input :)

im surprised Grix or MGDett didnt get one since Ranged and niko got one..

Man... I hear you whining on all the WL review threads...
I didn't get one either... (me gots posts... me gots LPMs)...

So what....

Can't you be happy for the members that were chosen by WL...

I am...:cool:

Jerry

Mine is like the one Niko received except the clip is straight!!! It is long to fit in a shirt pocket but angeled is ok.
As I posted yesterday, My laser peaks lower than Niko's but we are within +/- 10 mW ---- Not bad for production lasers and hobby power meters.
This review is most complete but a divergance test is needed. My wife (button pusher) is visiting her sister so I'll see if I can do it myself.

Good work Niko--.

Mike

Mine is like the one Niko received except the clip is straight!!! It is long to fit in a shirt pocket but angeled is ok.
As I posted yesterday, My laser peaks lower than Niko's but we are within +/- 10 mW ---- Not bad for production lasers and hobby power meters.
This review is most complete but a divergance test is needed. My wife (button pusher) is visiting her sister so I'll see if I can do it myself.

Good work Niko--.

Mike

Thanks for letting me know I have to cover that point. I'm waiting for Laser-Wave's prizes which include safety goggles; I'm very careful with these lasers and do not view them directly or use them around the house. Subsequently when the goggles arrive I'll calculate the divergence and display it on the review.

Thanks for the kind words, Mike! Regarding peak power, remember this laser will be marked at 130mW (for the highest power model) so we are all well over this value.

Things

FDA approved means nothing here unfortunately :(

Only legal way to get them in I believe is to get an import license, but even that only works for single cases!

Just gonna have to hope for the best. If they haven't taken it, I have a feeling it may arrive tomorrow, since shipping to you guys in the US was fast enough. Australia is closer to China afterall ;)

As styroawesome said on another thread, the 5 point safety system is not required by the FDA, he said that if there is a good explanation of why the laser does not need ALL of those safety features the FDA can approve it and it's instantly "FDA Approved".

Ahh.. I must have missed that. I must admit that it doesn't make any since to me, but then again, I am not an expert on this.
Thanks

Justin

Does anyone actually have a reference or citation for this FDA exemption rule that styroawesome is talking about? I have searched the FDA website and all of my other sources and find no mention of this. I've dealt with the FDA before and they are not generally open to discussion on safety performance regulations for lasers. Also, our contact at the FDA has never suggested this so I am skeptical if this exemption exists or if it can be applied to handheld lasers.

Evidence?

Does anyone actually have a reference or citation for this FDA exemption rule that styroawesome is talking about? I have searched the FDA website and all of my other sources and find no mention of this. I've dealt with the FDA before and they are not generally open to discussion on safety performance regulations for lasers. Also, our contact at the FDA has never suggested this so I am skeptical if this exemption exists or if it can be applied to handheld lasers.

Evidence?

Justin, this has already been discussed in the other Evo review. I'm not taking part on checking this special subject, I just wrote an unbiased in-depth review of the product I received.

EDIT:

I mean you no disrespect, but when a competitor of ours starts making claims that I have reason to believe are false, I see it as my responsibility to refute these claims, not just to my company but also to the folks on LPF who have been so kind to me. I do feel a responsibility to this community to ensure that information presented here is truthful. Right now you are promoting Wicked by publicizing information about their product and you are responsible for the truthfulness of the statements that you make. I know that you mean no dishonesty here, but just be sure that they don't make a liar out of you against your will.

Again, as I said before, these lasers haven't been released yet. We don't know why but it might be because they're pending FDA approval. My point here is that if you want to start doing your research about this subject you should (in my opinion) wait until they're for sale on their website.

Last edited:
These are prototype units, and as such probably aren't FDA approved. I hope that when the real units come onto the market, they will have their own ascension number

Rob

diachi

These are prototype units, and as such probably aren't FDA approved. I hope that when the real units come onto the market, they will have their own ascension number

Rob

Accession number. I don't think their going to get given a number which will allow them to ascend to heaven ;)

W/E. You knew what I meant. I'm not good with all this FDA mumbo jumbo. UK Rules!!