Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why do people call 635nm orange?

:thanks:
I'll have to install it now..............:beer:
Orange red works for me. That's what I expected when I looked at the home page of Modwerx that has a graph.
I'd just like having a set of 5mw of all the colors I can get. :D

Things

I also wouldn't use 445nm in a RGB setup, I'd much rather use 460nm, but that is not an option so 445nm it is :undecided:. Not bad though.

445nm in a scanner setup isn't bad at all, especially if you have good DAC software that lets you automatically add in a teeny bit of green when needed. It's the 445nm beam spex that suck.

Once you see an orange laser, you will have no problem calling 635nm "red."

Peace,
dace

Well, I was fooling around with a spectrophotometer... so I was looking at all sorts of "exotic" wavelengths.
Literally, you can look at any wavelength from 250-2500 using the machine.
It's cool because your eyes really can tell the difference between even as little as 5nm.

Since the human eye can't see that entire range, does the machine re-equate the colors to a range we can or go into a gray scale? That's very interesting. I'd love to see that.

DJNY

I use a more orange than red color in my signature to make a bigger optical difference between the 635-650nm spectrum. In reality they all look VERY similar. But listening 3 different wavelengths and using 3x the same color isn´t cool haha

Since the human eye can't see that entire range, does the machine re-equate the colors to a range we can or go into a gray scale? That's very interesting. I'd love to see that.

It simply puts out raw spectra. Lower than about 405 or higher than about 650 and the color sort of fades to black. My eyes can only detect light from about 390 to 680. Any lower or higher and it's just black.