Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who would like to see a CNI 447 Group buy?

I'm considering doing a group buy on the PGL-III-C. This will only happen if it generates enough interest and only when my chargeback from WL goes through.

Someone else can do this too if you don't trust me. I just want decent continuous duty 447/5nm laser, that doesn't look like a flashlight.

Definitely a group buy would need to take effect in the near future.
All who agree say I.

I.

I think you would get more interest if you gave people an idea of the pricing, a lot of people would be interested at 200-500 price range, but if this is 1,000$+ I cant see many people wanting it.

I would, if the host is PGL-III-C. I'm definitely in, if so.

Yes, I like that host, heh.

I think you would get more interest if you gave people an idea of the pricing, a lot of people would be interested at 200-500 price range, but if this is 1,000$+ I cant see many people wanting it.

I'll email CNI, but I need a quantity. What do you think would be good? 20?

No group buy I've seen ever gets to twenty. Ten, maybe.

EDIT: 100th post! Yay!

Last edited:
Ok, Uranium - even if so, even if 20, expect an absolutely ridiculous price from CNI.

I'm not saying don't do it - please, do, any information is good.. But I still remember on the 671 GB. They quoted me $1300 or so for one, $1000 or so for 10+ .. and then Glenn stepped in and managed to get them for $350.

I'd really coordinate this with Glenn/scopeguy20. He just seems to have the rapport with CNI.

But who knows. I'd encourage you to give it a try too and see what they say.

Ok, Uranium - even if so, even if 20, expect an absolutely ridiculous price from CNI.

I'm not saying don't do it - please, do, any information is good.. But I still remember on the 671 GB. They quoted me $1300 or so for one, $1000 or so for 10+ .. and then Glenn stepped in and managed to get them for $350.

I'd really coordinate this with Glenn/scopeguy20. He just seems to have the rapport with CNI.

But who knows. I'd encourage you to give it a try too and see what they say.

Just any idea of what this will cost is what people want to know, I have come to expect absurd prices from cni, I think a lot of people are looking for a wicked alternative at this point though. Cni has a good reputation and build quality, but arctic will likely be cheaper and has a better host.

I think you'd see a lot of arctic waiters jump ship even if you could get this for 400ish. I'm personally staying with wicked since I ordered mine with store credit, so the difference to me is 30$ to xxx$, not 200$ to xxx$

I'll email them now with 20 and see what they say. If it is $$$$, then glenn could maybe help.

Just any idea of what this will cost is what people want to know, I have come to expect absurd prices from cni, I think a lot of people are looking for a wicked alternative at this point though. Cni has a good reputation and build quality, but arctic will likely be cheaper and has a better host.

I think you'd see a lot of arctic waiters jump ship even if you could get this for 400ish. I'm personally staying with wicked since I ordered mine with store credit, so the difference to me is 30$ to xxx$, not 200$ to xxx$

I see no reason they would be any more expensive than the Arctic, at least not by much.

Remember that Nova Lasers was offering the "Atlantis" @ <1W at $189 + Safety goggles. The Atlantis is the CNI PGL-III-A. If CNI quotes an absurd price, just haggle with them and bring up the Atlantis.

As a side note, as long as I can remember, Wicked Lasers has been using CNI modules in their lasers. That was after they sold modified Leadlights years ago. At one point, they even sold the same CNI pens you see at Dragon Lasers and Nova as their "Executive Series." I'm sure the Arctic is no exception. Just repackaged CNI. Pretty soon, you will see 445nm CNI units on Laserglow, NOVA, and Dragonlasers.
Just to put things into perspective: CNI supplies to Laserglow, Nova Lasers, Dragon Lasers, Wicked Lasers, and Tech Lasers (all the major "high-quality" portable laser resellers). The rest of the market, O-like, Rayfoss, DX, KD, LEDshoppe, etc. stock Newwish products and other "generic," "low quality" companies. Optotronics is the only non-CNI reseller in the "high-quality" market. Unless I'm forgetting one, Viasho is the only major competing manufacturer in the portable laser market.

Last edited:
Scopeguy might be able to check in on this. CNI likes to charge more from people they haven't worked with much before.

Some pricing over in this thread but yes, I'd bet Glenn can do better. He did before. But it looks like CNI is taking their rather slim margin on these.

Could CNI actually be disassemling projectors? I doubt it.

We'll have to see what happens with CNI GB#11 if GB#10 ever completes.. (wonder what's taking so long....)

could be a good idea to wait till o-likes one comes out before deciding.