Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who makes the strongest bluray laser pen style?

if you want to build it yourself, jayrob offers a hot option that includes a flexdrive preset installed in the host, with lead wires solderd on, id recommend this option as setting your own driver at this stage will seem almost impossible, on to the diode, for your first build(if you want bluray) id go with a 6X GGW, you'd get a good 200+mW out of it. i wouldnt recomend a 12X for a first build, and depending on your situation(if your new to lasers) you really wont need anything over 200mW and even thats alot(if your new to lasers and just want one to get one). to make things easier click hear:405nm GGW-H20L 6x Blu Ray Diode in Aixiz Module +650nm LCC diode [GGW-H20L] - $56.82 : High Tech DealZ, Simplifying the LASER Hobby!
this 6X GGW comes in a aixiz module and the sled containing a LCC red diode, if you went with this all you would have to do is solder the diode to the lead wires from the flexdrive(jayrobs hot option) from your kit, this is rather easy if you know how to solder.

I would like to add a 2nd vote for this option. Plus people may be hesitate to sell you a complete high power laser since your in the USA & many of our DIY lasers aren't quite legal to sell as totally complete ready to (shoot ur eye out) go lasers.

You must get eye protection before buying a laser. These are very powerful & will blind you. You are basically asking for the highest power Blu-ray know to man here! Class_IV Laser

Last edited:

i got a laser built from IgorT... he's done alot of research for the forum and has worked hard to bring to us reliable data on different diodes..

he'd be the man to ask. :)

Also stoobey how much experience do you have with lasers and handling them? It might not be the best idea to buy the "most powerful bluray" possible as your first bluray...

Also stoobey how much experience do you have with lasers and handling them? It might not be the best idea to buy the "most powerful bluray" possible as your first bluray...

we all tried but he seems dead set on getting one, just hope saftey will be his top priority:beer:

I have quite a bit of experience with lasers. I have been looking at them and researching them for a long time. I may not know how to build them, but I do know how they work. I own a pair of nice safety glasses that i use frequently. I have had my spyder ll gx for over 2 years and ive always been safe and responsible with it. I always put safety and my eyes and anybody elses eyes first. Ive been facinated by lasers since the first laser pointers came out, and I have slowly been continuing to buy stronger more powerful lasers as the technology grows and gets better with them. So im ready for a new more powerful laser unit. I kinda see it like lifting weights. You dont just go and throw on 500 pounds and try to bench it when you havnt ever worked out. You start off small and work your way up. So ive been buying and collecting stronger more powerful lasers and using them for a long time and im ready to bump up the power/weight now. Ive always wanted a blue or blue violet laser and im ready for it.

I bought a 3mw green laser in 1998 i believe. In 2003 i bought a 50mw green laser from z-bolt. In 2005 i bought the wickedlasers fusion 125mw green laser pen. In 2007 is when i bought the spyder ll gx. So ive been handling them from a long time and ive progressively bought stronger and stronger green lasers. Ive been wanting blue or blue violet for the longest time its just they are expensive and dont put out the same strengh and visibility as the green ones. Im going to add that i am a pilot and the last thing im going to do is risk damaging my eyes since there extremely important in what i do. Thanks for being cautious and i know im new and safety comes first, but im responsible and experienced in using them.

Last edited:
well you can always get a 12X writer drive, and a jayrob pocket mini kit with hot option set to your desired current, all you have to do is harvest your diode, press it in the module, and solder the + and - pins to the lead wires coming from the flexdrive. its very simple and you would have yourself a nice 12X build in a AWESOME mini host, and youd have done it your self:yh:

well you can always get a 12X writer drive, and a jayrob pocket mini kit with hot option set to your desired current, all you have to do is harvest your diode, press it in the module, and solder the + and - pins to the lead wires coming from the flexdrive. its very simple and you would have yourself a nice 12X build in a AWESOME mini host, and youd have done it your self:yh:
It is not exactly a do-it-yourself if 80% of all the work is already done for you, now is it?

But who cares... you get the 600mW bluray laser ! :D
:beer:

D

Deleted member 8382

I'd directly ask IgorT. Paying for the kit and then for the builder will cost you more than asking him in the first place.

Yeah, ask igort or daguin. They are pros and will probably build or sell you one for a cost, but it's worth it.

I would like to build one sometime in the future and ill definately look into building one. I appreciate all the help and advice. thanks

As far as answering your original question: I think o-like is your best bet for a reliable and powerful pen, but a 150mW is about as high as any pen can go for now, if you wanted to go just a bit bigger you could get a torch from rayfoss. But you did ask for a pen...

D

Deleted member 8382

Well, if you want to build it yourself, then start with a phr one. All the project can cost you under 50$ and if you fry the diode they're 10$

Well, if you want to build it yourself, then start with a phr one. All the project can cost you under 50$ and if you fry the diode they're 10$
Which you most certanly will.

I have destroyed over 30 laser diodes so far, of which 20 + are red LCC and SOCs (good thing I found the exeptionally cheap over a friend here).

Only one bluray diode destroyed (SF-AW), and it is the only diode I destroyed in last two years I think. Not counting the small IR ones from sleds (pushed them too far a bit)

Seriously , faint light from the diode is exeptionally frustrating even if it is a small inexpensive diode. Imagine blowing a 12x one... I'd pull my scalp off.

daguin

You haven't really lived until you've burned out a $380 diode :tinfoil:

Peace,
dave