Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who makes the strongest bluray laser pen style?

I have destroyed over 30 laser diodes so far, of which 20 + are red LCC and SOCs

just curious, how did you ruin 30 diodes? did you overdrive them, or left the soldering iron on it too long, or did they just go on their own(which wouldnt be your fault) or did you do it trying to harvest? its just that ive never heard of anyone frying that many diodes:na:

just curious, how did you ruin 30 diodes? did you overdrive them, or left the soldering iron on it too long, or did they just go on their own(which wouldnt be your fault) or did you do it trying to harvest? its just that ive never heard of anyone frying that many diodes:na:
I followed the stupidest video there is, PhazonXL on youtube,

Basically i was adjusting the potenciometer with live diode.
Overshoot,
replace diode,
overshoot

Untill I learnd that all that matters is resistance between OUT and ADJ. I have no god damn idea how he came up with the potenciometer (huh), and setting it while the diode is hooked up.

that sucks, you kept at it though thats what counts:D, this forum is truely great, made my hobby what it is today, wouldnt be anywere without it

lol live and learn. I fried my 8x diode with leaving the soldering iron on it too long. $150 down the drain. (perhaps "up in smoke" would be a better phrase). My big mistake was starting with the nice expensive diode, rather then starting small. Meh, at least I learned from the mistakes and now can harvest diodes :D

that sucks, you kept at it though thats what counts:D, this forum is truely great, made my hobby what it is today, wouldnt be anywere without it
Well I kept going because it was not a huge expense, I got a bunch of 15 DVD burners (all broken but working lasers) for $40 all of them.
I am still contacting that dude, he supplies me with neat LCC diodes $2 each :D

lol live and learn. I fried my 8x diode with leaving the soldering iron on it too long. $150 down the drain. (perhaps "up in smoke" would be a better phrase). My big mistake was starting with the nice expensive diode, rather then starting small. Meh, at least I learned from the mistakes and now can harvest diodes :D
Ohh... shit. Too bad about your 8x. Well said: baby steps first!

^WTF
the asshole at the computer store here will probably charge me like 50 bucks a diode LOL... he charged me $5 for a half used tube of cheap DX thermal paste before I knew better.

^WTF
the asshole at the computer store here will probably charge me like 50 bucks a diode LOL... he charged me $5 for a half used tube of cheap DX thermal paste before I knew better.
I don't get bare diodes, I get entire DVD burners.

You see, this dude is getting DVD burners to test them, as they are untested and potentially not working.
If he gets them fixed, he returns them, if he does not - he sells them to me.
I buy a bulk of 5 or 10 at the time to reduce shipping costs per piece.

I was quite lucky to find the dude...

You tell that asshole at the computer store that he cannot crack up the price just because he feels like it.
You offer him $5 for a nonfunctional DVD burner, take it or leave it.
He ain't selling it nowhere, don't worry. He will have no choice.