Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

White Lasers??

Let me put it this way, a very close family member is Vice President of Research and Development at Lumileds.

Damnit you are lucky!!

lucky.jpg

I was gonna guess Phosphor :(

Hey hey hey, GB is imminent :p!

They also have kitten holders like that at Lumileds, but the kittens aren't allowed in the clean rooms :(

I know that if I was that kitten, that I'D BE DAMN COMFY!!!!!!!!!!!!! rob

Just don't wake up the cat, with any loud noise. Those nails could do some damage. ;-)

HIMNL9

Let me put it this way, a very close family member is Vice President of Research and Development at Lumileds.

Then i know who tamper the next time for leds ..... j/k :D

I use sometimes nichia leds, cause one of my friends work with them, so i can buy from him, the ones i need (mainly r-g-b ovals and ultrabright white square ones, actually)

Never tried lumileds ones, cause here there is no distribution to public, and the only one that have them is pricing them 3 or 4 times more than that what i pay for nichia ones :p ..... but i heard they high intensity line is a good product, too.

I use sometimes nichia leds, cause one of my friends work with them, so i can buy from him, the ones i need (mainly r-g-b ovals and ultrabright white square ones, actually)

Never tried lumileds ones, cause here there is no distribution to public, and the only one that have them is pricing them 3 or 4 times more than that what i pay for nichia ones :p ..... but i heard they high intensity line is a good product, too.

Nichia is the best, we have bought millions lit in the last 6 years !!! and we are always testing other brands..

Peace Pyro... :eg:

The current Lumileds products have the highest brightness of any released LED, that is, lumens over area. While some of the cree products can put out 900 lumens, the emitter is a 3x3mm part and thus you will get around 100 lumens per square mm. You can buy white luxeons that will put out 250 lumens, that is from a 1mm square die, thus you are getting 2.5 times the brightness.

You can buy Lumileds parts from the distributor, Electronic Components from the Best - Future Electronics

HIMNL9

^ now i feel envious ..... :p :D

LXML-PWN1-0100 ..... even admitting that you reach to find it, here you pay them around 10 euro each one (13,5$, more or less ..... AAARGH)