Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Which is better heatsink ????

jimdt7

Hello does anyone have tested those heatsinks ??? Which is better for a 1W 445nm lab style laser ????? pls help

1) Alloy Module Holder/Heatsink (12mm) - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop

2) http://aixiz.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=223

If i buy the odiforce one i will buy 2 and i will put both on the aixiz module for better heatsinkning.

Also if you have any other ideas pls tell them !!!

jimdt7

DTR

LPF Site Supporter
A few more details about your project like enclosure, power source, driver and runtimes that you are trying to achieve may solicit some more suggestions. I think I remembered a post about the second one you linked to that it may not fit the Aixiz module real well.:beer:

Also you posted in the reviews section. This might need to be moved to the "Tutorials, Help & Repairs" section.

Last edited:

anselm

And the first one (aixiz) looks like it makes a rather sloppy/loose contact to the module,
so not much heatsinking happening there.:undecided:

jakeGT

Just to let everybody know, I just visited that aixiz site linked I'n this thread, and a thing came up saying my hard drive has crashed, and now my computer doesn't work. I don't know what just happened, but now I'm posting from my iPhone, just seems funky that last week or so there was a thing saying aixiz was hacked, I am not blaming aixiz I'n any way shale or form. Just saying my cp was fine, and as soon as I visited tgat site it crashed

anselm

Hey tacoman /b/ro,
I think jake just meant 'computer'.;)
Interesting look into your mindset.:evil:

jakeGT

Straight off of urban dictionary.(still on my iPhone btw)

Cp
Cunt punch-when someone is being a b**** and needs an attitude adjustment, punch the said person in the cunt to straighten them out.

This same thing happened to me many months ago when on Aixiz's site.
I sure wish the hackers would knock it off :mad:

Just to let everybody know, I just visited that aixiz site linked I'n this thread, and a thing came up saying my hard drive has crashed, and now my computer doesn't work. I don't know what just happened, but now I'm posting from my iPhone, just seems funky that last week or so there was a thing saying aixiz was hacked, I am not blaming aixiz I'n any way shale or form. Just saying my cp was fine, and as soon as I visited tgat site it crashed

I used that same link and had no problem. Nothing showed up on my web of trust add on, firewall, or online protection/ antivirus software.

jakeGT

i had to restore my computer to january 1st to get it to work, and how i got it off that neverending scripts screen I don't know. BUt literally, as soon as i clicked that link, BOOM, whole computer just froze with a big message coming up with comical characters dancing around telling my whole hard drive had been fried/dumped, whatever that meant.