Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which blue 1W laser pointer to buy?

So I've been looking at the laser pointers on Lazerer, and think i've decided i want to get a 1W blue one. There are 5 to pick from and i was just wandering if there is much difference between them apart from how they look. I already have a pair of glasses, one of the "great" pairs from the guide on here. The laser will just be for playing around with really, i'm just fascinated by them.

Also has anyone from the UK ordered from Lazerer and has it all been fine? They don't have a guarentee anywhere saying you get a replacement / refund if it doesn't arrive. I know there are no laws in the UK stopping you from buying laser pens of any strength, just you can't sell them here, so i don't see why it would be a problem, just thought i would ask.

Check the yellow link in my signature. It addresses many of the questions you have and the great pair you are referring to, is that from my thread (eagle pair glasses)? if you have any further questions let me know and ill be happy to answer them :beer:

kilter

Lazerer is a good cheap company. All of their 1W lasers all use similar modules and the only difference is the host and more importantly battery choice and Heatsinking.
Hoped this helped,
Kilter

So I've been looking at the laser pointers on Lazerer, and think i've decided i want to get a 1W blue one. There are 5 to pick from and i was just wandering if there is much difference between them apart from how they look. I already have a pair of glasses, one of the "great" pairs from the guide on here. The laser will just be for playing around with really, i'm just fascinated by them.

Also has anyone from the UK ordered from Lazerer and has it all been fine? They don't have a guarentee anywhere saying you get a replacement / refund if it doesn't arrive. I know there are no laws in the UK stopping you from buying laser pens of any strength, just you can't sell them here, so i don't see why it would be a problem, just thought i would ask.

well, Lazerer is a good choice, my friend has bought many laser pointers from it, works well.

Yeah, I ordered the $41.99 pair of goggles (blue ones) from the page linked in your guide.
I'm thinking about getting this one
About the batteries, what would be the best brand etc for me to get? takes Li-ion 16340 x2 it says. I'm in the uk, but don't mind ordering the batteries from anywhere if they're good quality. Also still waiting to hear if anyone from the uk has ordered from lazerer before.
Thanks for the replies btw guys

Yeah, I ordered the $41.99 pair of goggles (blue ones) from the page linked in your guide.
I'm thinking about getting this one
About the batteries, what would be the best brand etc for me to get? takes Li-ion 16340 x2 it says. I'm in the uk, but don't mind ordering the batteries from anywhere if they're good quality. Also still waiting to hear if anyone from the uk has ordered from lazerer before.
Thanks for the replies btw guys

Ummmm you ordered the blue lens one or the one that protects against blue?

If you bought the blue lens one then i am sorry to inform you but you bought the wrong ones. Those only protect 190-400nm & 580-760nm and blue lasers are 445nm......

The orange lens ones protect against 445nm so if you bought the wrong ones contact Survival Lasers right away and have them change your order. as for batteries you can get ultrafires and they will work or you can spend a good amount on nitecores and they are excellent

hahaha, yeah, me being dumb, changed to the right ones now though, thanks a lot

norbyx

Ok let me get this correctly.... you want the rifle 1W laser and than you want to buy everything else separate? I agree that the goggles you got are much better than the ones suplied with the laser but I would also advise you buy the laser with the goggles included in the package ($7) and let anybody that wants to see what the laser is capable of wear them.
Second the battery, yes the one you linked will work just fine, but you need 2 so why not get the ones in the rifle package? They aren't the best batteries in the world but for $4 you cant go wrong. Also you will need a charger... remember that your batteries are good just if your charger is as good. I use a professional charger that probably no one should buy just for laser uses but since I am in R/C I had it and now can use it as my laser battery charger as well...
Also the effect lenses are quite nice to have. And if you are purchasing it and don't have a LPM I would get the power certificate as well...

Good luck with your new laser and hope you use it in a safe and responsable way.

Ok let me get this correctly.... you want the rifle 1W laser and than you want to buy everything else separate? I agree that the goggles you got are much better than the ones suplied with the laser but I would also advise you buy the laser with the goggles included in the package ($7) and let anybody that wants to see what the laser is capable of wear them.
Second the battery, yes the one you linked will work just fine, but you need 2 so why not get the ones in the rifle package? They aren't the best batteries in the world but for $4 you cant go wrong. Also you will need a charger... remember that your batteries are good just if your charger is as good. I use a professional charger that probably no one should buy just for laser uses but since I am in R/C I had it and now can use it as my laser battery charger as well...
Also the effect lenses are quite nice to have. And if you are purchasing it and don't have a LPM I would get the power certificate as well...

Good luck with your new laser and hope you use it in a safe and responsable way.

the reason you DONT buy batteries with your laser is because batteries are one of the easiest things to spot by customs when packages are scanned. many countries have strict rules on importing li-ion batteries so when they open the package, BAM two-for-one!!!! they get to keep the batteries and laser! rule of thumb is never buy batteries with lasers. every country has their own rules so its up to the buyer on what risk they want to take.

as for a charger nitecore makes a i2 and i4, charges 2 or 4 batteries and they have built in protection for over charging. id say get one of those

one last thing on the batteries, they are protected cells so check with max @ lazerer to make sure the rifle has enough room for protected cells

Last edited:
hmm, i've just seen that lazerer uses yourspay to take orders, which has a terrible reputation and has been reported for scamming people many times :S I have a debit card so I think that is the only method i can use to pay on the site

hmm, i've just seen that lazerer uses yourspay to take orders, which has a terrible reputation and has been reported for scamming people many times :S I have a debit card so I think that is the only method i can use to pay on the site

you can use paypal

Don't buy from lazerer . Expensive and low quality . Buy From Blord 1W + . You will enjoy ;)

Don't buy from lazerer . Expensive and low quality . Buy From Blord 1W + . You will enjoy ;)

I dont think you have a lazerer at all after reading all of your posts so how can you give advice on a company you havent dealt with. i however OWN BOTH a Blord build and Lazerer so seems fitting that my advice is well backed with experience of both lasers.

with that said; Blord is indeed a great builder. lazerer does have quality products so dont know where this assumption came from and how are they expensive? lasers in general are expensive but a 1W lazerer is $110-160+$5 shipping and Blord sells them for $110+$20 shipping. its all preference but i can tell you from experience they are both of quality. they both experience problems from time to time. ive seen at least two of Blords builds died in the last two months (why is unknown). either way you will enjoy whatever laser you buy

You should check the buy, sell, trade section. Make sure to read the stickies. You can probably find someone else in europe that will sell, or make you a laser.
As comanies go, laserbtb and Jetlasers are excelent ones, IMO.

I dont think you have a lazerer at all after reading all of your posts so how can you give advice on a company you havent dealt with. i however OWN BOTH a Blord build and Lazerer so seems fitting that my advice is well backed with experience of both lasers.

with that said; Blord is indeed a great builder. lazerer does have quality products so dont know where this assumption came from and how are they expensive? lasers in general are expensive but a 1W lazerer is $110-160+$5 shipping and Blord sells them for $110+$20 shipping. its all preference but i can tell you from experience they are both of quality. they both experience problems from time to time. ive seen at least two of Blords builds died in the last two months (why is unknown). either way you will enjoy whatever laser you buy

ok , but on Blord you can trust that you will get your laser with the best quality. with the real output ;) anyway i recommend on Blord laser .