Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to find TEC modules for 473nm crystals?

He just did one post above. :p

The guys over at PL know what they are talking about, I would believe that one would be extremely hard pressed to produce 250mw of 473nm independant of SHG choice. I think what the guy from PL was trying to say, as gooeygus stated, was that in a non-lab environment due to the extreme precission involved with any sort of DPSS laser (especially BBO), that 250mw would be about the maximum one could hope to achieve. Whether this is the "exact" max is not set in stone. The 943nm line of yag is very weak compared to the 1064nm line to begin with, it is so weak n fact that another line competes with it stealing power. IIRC (red DPSS 671nm line, so 1342nm).

Don't have any figures on hand but even BiBO with its 63% conversion efficiency (from your link), will be hard pressed to provide good figures. But keep us posted on the project, really interested in seeing how this turns out.

viroy said:
I still need to find a case for all the crystals and 808nm diode.

Your best bet would be to find some pre-machined blocks of aluminum or copper that your components will fit into.

I have all my components made to operate off of one TEC (which I would recommend you also do). I got my optics holders from a guy on PL who has made his own 473, so I got lucky in that way.

As far as sources to get tecs, ebay would be the place to go!

viroy

GooeyGus said:
[quote author=viroy link=1227323137/0#17 date=1227745168]I still need to find a case for all the crystals and 808nm diode. Your best bet would be to find some pre-machined blocks of aluminum or copper that your components will fit into.

Any ideas where to look? Ive found nothing on ebay and scoured google

suiraM

TECs are easy to find anywhere. How much do you want to spend? How much heat do you need to move, and how fast? What are the size constraints? And how many do you need? I happen to have a local manufacturer if you need custom work, and know several that can accommodate most needs from stock.

For drivers, I use MCUs with digital pots and power buffers. Perhaps I will cook up a ready made board when I'm sufficiently happy with the results, but I doubt there would be much interest in that kind of precision control outside the holographic crowd. Anyway, there are cheap driver chips out there that work just fine for coarse temp control.