Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

where to buy a g2 lens for 445 nm.

The issue is not about knowing how to do something, but figuring it out. In this case, you could search for the solution, or look at the photos of the bare lens and surmise what it does, or just buy it and see how it fits into your laser. These kinds of problems shouldn't require spoon-feeding you information.

Despite the lies that teachers tell you: there are stupid questions. They are the questions that shouldn't be asked because: 1) the asking person could've figured it out through research or experiment, or 2) the person being asked shouldn't need to answer questions at that level (Einstein answering basic physics homework questions), or 3) questions asked because the person asking wasn't paying attention or is lazy.

If you don't like this tough love, get out of this hobby.

Mhemling. Sorry about that.. My phone is not functioning properly and does not allow me to use the search.

Must be an iPhone :crackup::crackup::crackup:

EDIT: sorry i had to do it

Last edited:
Haha 1) its a Nokia Lumia 920

2). I'm not going just buy a 45$ lens and THEN see if it fits

3) as I said earlier,, I can't look up this stuff on this website because my phone is half broken and I currently have no computer.

And I am just using this site the way it should be used. If you think that I'm being lazy, why don't u just leave and find another thread. I had a question, and everyone but you is helping me find the answer.

Seeing if the lens "just works" is the option of last resort in that list, after you've done every other bit of research. If you even arrived at that point for something like this you've already failed.

A phone that can't use the search box is a poor excuse. It still means you didn't put any effort into researching up the info yourself. It's like going to a grocery store for an ingredient, not finding someone to help you find it, and going home claiming there was no way to find the ingredient. In this case you didn't even need the search box (as explained later) -- but if you did, there is still plain ol' Google, the forum's built-in search, and going home and doing the search with your home machine (put some actual effort into it). Even just inspecting the similarities between the lenses should've been enough (notice how your 3-element lens is on DTR's page?).

Plus, the total irony of you claiming that I haven't helped you find an answer is that DTR's site in my reply post (2nd post in this thread) answers BOTH of your questions: "where to buy a lens within the $40-45 budget?" and "would the lens replace the other Aixiz-type lens?". It's particularly ridiculous in that you're asking specifically about DTR's lenses! What does it say at the top of that page? "These are in M9x0.5 threaded cells that are compatible with the 12mm Aixiz modules or other similar threaded modules/heatsinks." Put a little effort into your research, when you actually do it, before asking these kinds of questions.

Haha 1) its a Nokia Lumia 920

2). I'm not going just buy a 45$ lens and THEN see if it fits

3) as I said earlier,, I can't look up this stuff on this website because my phone is half broken and I currently have no computer.

And I am just using this site the way it should be used. If you think that I'm being lazy, why don't u just leave and find another thread. I had a question, and everyone but you is helping me find the answer.

My phone is half broken isn't a good excuse. Santa Monica has a library system and it offers internet access. If there are no convenient locations does a friend of yours have internet access? Do I need to say more?

Ok guys, i finally got home from my trip and i am on my home computer. Nokia told me that my phone is indeed defective and they are sending me a brand-new one in the mail. Anyways, my question is, i know i know don't lecture me badger, how do you remove the lens? Do you simply screw it untill it comes out, or are there more complicated steps? I am getting my module soon. Sorry for any bother...

lens screws into module......simple as that (see below for picture reference)

$T2eC16N,!yEE9s5jEbFPBP8757ZoRg~~60_12.JPG

if you want to see a lens taken apart see jayrobs post above.

Last edited:
Hell, you could even use the 1.75W "Lazor" you mention in your signature. Are you in kindergarten or something? Do a little experimentation. Think a little. This isn't a hobby for hand-holding and spoon-feeding.

How many step-by-step instructions does it take to unscrew a light-bulb?

Hell, you could even use the 1.75W "Lazor" you mention in your signature. Are you in kindergarten or something? Do a little experimentation. Think a little. This isn't a hobby for hand-holding and spoon-feeding.

How many step-by-step instructions does it take to unscrew a light-bulb?

I wonder how long you take to come up with those phrases. Anyways, i just beginning with lasers i just need some help is all. You call it spoon-feeding, i call it help. Its all the same. I have questions, you have answers. I don't need extra criticism. If you have a problem with my posts, just stop replying. I don't see why your so determined to tell me what i am doing wrong. :wtf:

My phone is half broken isn't a good excuse. Santa Monica has a library system and it offers internet access. If there are no convenient locations does a friend of yours have internet access? Do I need to say more?

As i said, i was out of town. Wow, just read previous posts.

As i said, i was out of town. Wow, just read previous posts.

Yup, I did miss something in post 15.
I'll use the search bar when I get home to a properly functioning computer.
I was replying to this in post 19.
My mistake, sorry.

I have G1 or G2 $29 + shipping $1.69 USA $10 out of the USA
14 day return if your not happy it.
I buy a 100 at a time

Rick, if they are a full functioning lens and not just a bare lens then PM me, id be interested in one

yeah i thought the same and those are in my watch list already along with DTRs G2 as a reminder but id get it from his site instead.

the only thing that mentions G2 is the title so wondering if they are G2s or not but will wait for rick's response