Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where should I buy my laser?

I know this is a noob question, but will I be able to see the 100mw 532nm beam in a lit room?

Last edited:
it really all depends. the angle you are viewing the beam from makes a huge difference. imagine a line coming straight out of your eyes. if this line is 90 degrees in relation to the laser beam, it will appear much less visible. the smaller this angle, or larger, depending on how you think about it, the more visible the beam will be. so 1 degree, or 179 degrees, would be the brightest, though I doubt one could manage such an angle without pointing the laser right between their eyes. finally, the more particles in the air, the more visible the beam will be. In star wars we observe colored lasers in space, but in fact you would not be able to see the beam in vacuum

the short answer, yes, it will be visible in a lit room, but there are factors that determine how bright it appears to you
20 degrees is pretty small, the beam would certainly be visible

Last edited:
Say I view it from 20 degrees pointing away. Would there be a visible beam?

Depends on the lighting, particles in the air, angle of view. In a semi-lit room my 151mW 532 is easily visible. If sunlight is streaming in through a window, you might not see it.

Max has not shipped the laser I ordered on the 9th. Should I contact him?

he most likely shipped it and hasnt updated the site, he shipped mine this morning and emailed me about tracking. id let it wait a little but you can email if you want to speed things up.

I haven't recieved an email from him saying that the laser was shipped.

he normally doesnt email you, just updates the order page but since my laser was returned he emailed me to let me know he re-updated the order page to show the new shipping info

I ordered the laser with a guest account. How would I know the laser's status?

Actually someone on lpf made a calculator to find how long a battery will last. (and some other stuff)

I don't have the knowledge to say if it is accurate or not.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/h...ts-internal-resistance-81675.html#post1173189

btw the whole 2nd page was just you and me LivinLoud!

mah means milli amps/ per hour if your device pulls 1800mah like my 445nm laser does... than my 3400mah Panasonic battery will last a little less than an 2 hours... 3400/1800=1.88-
-Shane

Batteries got here today. I might use a multimeter to test them later.

what ones did you end up getting?

EDIT: just noticed orbtronics is let 10 minutes away from me, maybe ill stop in sometime and see if they have some more batteries of goodies :)

Last edited:
ohh yeah, now i remember. would be interested in what you find when you test them