Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where should I buy my laser?

If your ordering from over seas, email them and tell them you want to order with out the battery. Buy yourself a Good battery or 2. Buy some good Glasses...

I just want to make sure the laser doesn't get taken at customs.

I will probably buy separate batteries anyways since the batteries they provide are probably bad.

I know I can get four 100mw 532 lasers from lazerer, but their lasers don't have the fda safety features.

Last edited:
If you want safety features i would recommend laserbtb. All of their class 3b are fda certified, with all safety features. I got my 405nm 500mW for just over $200.

slightly confused, you said you don't want it taken by customs then say you want safety features. there are plenty of companies that guarantee delivery and their lasers don't have safety features so do you just want to guarantee delivery or do you want to guarantee delivery AND have safety features on top of it?

Oh! I didn't know companies guaranteed delivery without safety features.. In that case I will take a laser without safety features if delivery is guaranteed.

What companies guarantee delivery?

Last edited:
ugh, off the top of my head i know WL does but ive only bought one laser from a company and that was lazerer so id have to look around to see the other companies that guarantee delivery.
when i find them ill post it here for you

So I ordered the 100mW 532nm stick from lazerer last night (and of course safety goggles). :yh:

Hopefully it gets through customs.

btw where can i buy an IR filter for the laser?

Last edited:
So I ordered the 100mW 532nm stick from lazerer last night (and of course safety goggles). :yh:

Hopefully it gets through customs.

btw where can i buy an IR filter for the laser?

The reason I said to have them ship it without batteries is, because if there are no batteries in the package, customs can't test it... :)
-Shane

You can get a small IR filter off fleabay for like $5 shipped. Idk how well they work but I have one. Can post a link if you want but its like 25mm x 25mm round

Yea I got some decent trustfire batteries separately from amazon.

I would appreciate it if you could post a link of the IR filter.

Last edited:
i got THIS one since it was the biggest one i found at the time while also being the cheapest. think shipping time was roughly 2-3 weeks. as i think i said before, i havent had the chance to test its effectiveness since im LPM-less ATM but even if it stops 50% of the IR, its doing better than w/o it :)

same thing but its 9.5mm x 9.5mm, thats less than 1 cm or less than 3/8".....it would work but it is TINY!!!!!! the reason i got the 25mm x 25mm on is since its 2.5cm or roughly 1" round and easier to hold or use

well thats the thing, i didnt have it long enough to write a review on. the first day i had the laser i had a problem. i dont think it was a faulty laser or anything, i think it was just bad luck. when i was screwing the tail cap on it was almost completely shut and then out of no where it jumped threads and seized up. since it was within 7 days of receiving the laser it was covered by the 7 day repair/replacement warranty. had it been outside of 7 days it would have been covered by the 30 day warranty but i would have had to pay for the repair. none the less, max got the laser back and he is sending me my replacement tomorrow. only downside to this is i lost a battery in the laser and max wasnt able to get the laser opened up. since i cant give a proper review i will say this, max has given me amazing customer service (not always the quickest response but always responds and in reasonable time), the host of the stick felt very strong and sturdy, focus worked well and seemed very bright. never got to use it for more than 10 minutes maybe so thats all i can comment on but i will say that i dont think you can go wrong with lazerer. if you do have a problem max will do EVERYTHING possible to fix it for you.

Glad that worked out for you. :yh:

Did you pick up the laser at a post office or did they deliver it to your door?

Also what do you mean by it jumped threads?

Last edited: