Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where can I get a cheap blu-ray laser pointer?

With that in mind, can you give me a blu-ray laser (even 1mw in a keychain) for cheap?
that was what I was aiming for from the begining :D

I don't really want to burn, I am covered with burning lasers. I just need glow. the product doesn't say "blu-ray" laser, it's just violet laser...

I thought the green in my proj lit up my glow board, maybe I am wrong and it was the blue.. oh well.

With that in mind, can you give me a blu-ray laser (even 1mw in a keychain) for cheap?
that was what I was aiming for from the begining :D

Sorry I had a 5mw blu-ray but it broke. So I don't have any right now.

These are just over $10

If your are in the US and want under 5mw:
5mW 405nm Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*AAA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

If you are not in the USA there is
10mW 405nm Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*AAA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
or
20mW 405nm Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*AAA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

If your budget is a little higher you can get a 200mw actual blue for around $30
Focusable 200mW 405nm Burns Match + Money Detector Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*CR2) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Obviously none of these will be amazing quality but they should work for your purposes.

rhd

This has been one of the most frustrating threads to read from the very beginning ;)

So much research that the OP could/should have done on his own.

Step 1: Lookup the excitation wavelength range for your glow-in-the-dark surface
Step 2: Ask yourself "Is (insert wavelength of laser you're considering) between (insert excitation wavelength range from Step 1) ?"
Step 3: If the answer is yes, buy laser.

Cam453

405=violet
445=blue

405 should work for GITD

Last edited:

Blord

Please don't necropost. I am sure the topicstarter has found what he needs in two years.

Sorry. I didn't realise this was dead. I'm not doing very well today.. I keep screwing up. I think I should go back to lurking...

yeah it happens-done it myself-usually after another has necro-posted but I guess that is no excuse-I read one from 2009 about a laser delayed in shipping-- After I saw the date and a new post I had to post --'if its not there in one more year then give up'--OK?

sometimes tho an old thread becomes important in light of recent events.

DO NOT POST-OLD THREAD