Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where can I buy a "DTR" laser power meter?

I have said nothing about politics in this thread, your attempting to deflect and draw attention away from what you did here, you're still not fooling anyone, certainly not me.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
And you're calling me a troll?

You've completely wrecked the spirit of which was intended for this thread and turned it into your own little soapbox to rail on me for no other reason than you don't like what I have to say in the Politics and General Debates Thread, that much is obvious, this is just another common tactic often used to silence people you disagree with, call them a troll and attempt to demonize them and try to turn everyone against them by taking something benign and trying to make an issue out of it.

It's as old as politics itself and clearly what you are attempting to do!

I now yield my thread to you to continue your attempts...
What do you expect? I wouldn't have known you were just playing around either based on how you post everywhere else. It's no surprise you were taken the wrong way. RCB is right you do like to stir anger for fun.

Giannis_TDM

Nice BK precision, What about GK precision? Open source CC CV driver/bench PSU perfect for diodes with a microcontroller coming soon, here are some PCB renders
unknown.png

That just stack together, the Bottom board is for the ADCs and the micro and the top is the power module. Specs are 1-30v 0-5A
What makes it perfect for diodes? When the output is enabled there is virtually no capacitance cause I've split the cap banks in half so the capacitance just gets dumped into the other caps instead of a diode and also there is a 1k discharge res for the caps. Furthermore, the total capacitance is less than 100uF, Will post scem and PCB files on github with an optional donation, It's set up so you can use any SPI capable controller you like. For the development ill use an arduino nano every, If you want a feature you can just code it in :p

Last edited:
To put this thread back on track. I am looking for a laser power meter to test up to 40 watts. I am going to start testing the cnc diode laser heads for myself. There is a lot false claims, and junk ones out there and a few legit ones. I have two that are marked 30 watts that seem to put out 5.5 watts of light and a 40 watt that puts out what seems to be about 10 to 15.
Am I on the right thread???

Giannis_TDM

To put this thread back on track. I am looking for a laser power meter to test up to 40 watts. I am going to start testing the cnc diode laser heads for myself. There is a lot false claims, and junk ones out there and a few legit ones. I have two that are marked 30 watts that seem to put out 5.5 watts of light and a 40 watt that puts out what seems to be about 10 to 15.
Am I on the right thread???
Yea those are diluted Chinese markings, the 40w one is about 7.5 to 8 max, No blue diodes exist with a power output of greater than 8w

The highest power Chinese diodes are 5.5 watts. They put the same diodes in all their modules whether it's marked 5 watts or 50 watts. Only the NUBM44 outputs more and the Chinese have very limited access to these diodes.

The highest power Chinese diodes are 5.5 watts. They put the same diodes in all their modules whether it's marked 5 watts or 50 watts. Only the NUBM44 outputs more and the Chinese have very limited access to these diodes.
Can I ask you a question? The sensor head of my Hyperion Laser Power Meter died, is there any way to buy a replacement head?

BTW this is a great picture!

Where is this?​

nsplsh_88cb665250914509a607875e01905e30~mv2.webp

kecked

Are all the high power meter still thermalpiles? Just wondering is there is any silicon that can take 100W or even 10W. I had some heads but I never believe the result from a thermal unit. They just seems to vary too much. The good ones seem to be really expensive but I guess you get what you way for with wavelength correction and such. Like the little hand checkers. Wonder if just using a beam slitter or ND filter would let you reliably drop the power to a range that the smaller meters can handle. Guess you'd need a know reference.

Yea those are diluted Chinese markings, the 40w one is about 7.5 to 8 max, No blue diodes exist with a power output of greater than 8w
I am aware of that. I want to test them for myself and put it up on video in the laser GRBL community. Some are better than others

Are all the high power meter still thermalpiles? Just wondering is there is any silicon that can take 100W or even 10W. I had some heads but I never believe the result from a thermal unit. They just seems to vary too much. The good ones seem to be really expensive but I guess you get what you way for with wavelength correction and such. Like the little hand checkers. Wonder if just using a beam slitter or ND filter would let you reliably drop the power to a range that the smaller meters can handle. Guess you'd need a know reference.
I thought of that myself. Or just physically blocking part of it

Before I fixed a broken hyperion I would get a LaserBee or a Sanwu LPM because the hyperion sensor area is so small unless you can find a larger area sensor and re-calibrate the meter.

Last edited:
Before I fixed a broken hyperion I would get a LaserBee or a Sanwu LPM because the hyperion sensor area is so small, I wish I had bough a 10w capable LaserBee instead of the hyperion.

Hi Red,
Good choice I have the A10 RTA unit and its great
Rich:)

Can I ask you a question? The sensor head of my Hyperion Laser Power Meter died, is there any way to buy a replacement head?

BTW this is a great picture!

Where is this?​

nsplsh_88cb665250914509a607875e01905e30~mv2.webp
Hi,
I have one for sale PM me for details
Rich:)