Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I was in two minds on whether this thread was a good idea to create.
But as i'm seeing members here getting into political arguments and other debates on various threads.
I thought it would be a good idea to create a platform to do so, without clogging up the forum.
However I will put some basic ground rules down for the use of this thread.

• Respect other members opinions
  • Do not disrespect any fellow members
  • Keep any potential debates in this thread or in any relevant threads.
  • No racism or any other type of discriminating or derogatory comments.
  • Remember there isn't always a right and wrong answer.
  • Don't post comments and just leave the debate. Expect to be asked to justify your opinions.
If any of these rules you find difficult to stick to, then maybe online debates aren't for you.
If you are not interested in getting into a any debates, then the answer is simple. Ignore this thread.
This thread allows you that option.

Thank you.
Curtis

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I think this is a good idea, Curtis; I've seen way too many threads getting derailed by (mostly) political discussions.
It can be similar to the religion thread, all the political debate in one location, ....and now we know where to find it.

Thanks for initiating this new thread, hopefully it will help! :)

Encap

May catch on and help----hope so. Thanks for the try.

Is seldom that threads get derailed because of same --still is annoying and not anythng to do with lasers.

paul1598419

Hilarious! Thanks for that Chris and Encap. Yes, Trump does have the support of 8% of black voters. Just like everyone else they aren't of one mind, but you haven't seen a black backlash at any president like this one. The stock market took another dive today losing more than 3% in the Dow just this week because of Trump's newest trade war announcements. Still, the economy is holding up, so far, in spite of Trump, not because of him. It is great to see him "tweeting" as he is his own worst enemy.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Doesn't matter to me how many of one race or another support him, I didn't support Obama, was an awful reality to have him as president for eight damn long years, I expect you will be saying the same thing about Trump.

irish303

Excellent decision Curtis, it is well to separate the various topics! since we are on a laser forum and not a political one!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks. Exactly. I have no problem with anyone having their opinions on politics etc. Just we needed a place for it rather than on random threads.

paul1598419

Have you looked at any rally that Trump has? It is a sea of white faces. Looking for the token black person is harder than a game of Where's Waldo. The last Bush at least had the Hispanic vote, but Trump has managed to even alienate them. Great reelection plan. :ROFLMAO:

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
I was elected last time, I expect more to turn out next time.

paul1598419

He squeaked by carrying three Midwestern states by less than 80,000 votes in total and lost the popular vote by 2 million.

RedCowboy

He squeaked by carrying three Midwestern states by less than 80,000 votes in total and lost the popular vote by 2 million.
Thank God Trump won, HRC is a horrible criminal witch and belongs behind bars, to think she could have plunged us into recession and despair, allowing her criminal friends to loot and pillage, it would have bad, but instead we got a savoir, thank God for President Donald Trump. :)

paul1598419

Because Trump, the Russians and Bannon's illegal action on facebook called her a criminal that doesn't make it any more factual than the lies spread in facebook and other social media. Trump likes using Clinton to deflect from his own criminal behavior. While it seems to be true that a sitting president cannot be charged with a crime, he most certainly can be out of office. I'm looking forward to 2021!