Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

When collections collide

Lasers meet knives. knives meet lasers.
QrkJUj4l.jpg

nice shot of the heat anodizing (the whole blade is blue)
7p9ct6gl.jpg

More to come (515? 520 460-70 589?:whistle:)
knife update
LOnwxwel.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe

Awesome, two things I love to admire and spend excessive amounts of money on. I need more knives...
:beer:

Gabe

Factory new or minimal wear? I can't tell...
EDIT: I'll trade you that Crimson web butterfly for this field-tested Victorinox. It's a great deal, trust:

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the image but is the bottom knife double edged?
If not, with just a bit of reshaping work that blade would be a sweet double edged dagger.
Love the work on the handles.

Factory new or minimal wear? I can't tell...
EDIT: I'll trade you that Crimson web butterfly for this field-tested Victorinox. It's a great deal, trust:

:bowdown:Lord Gaben replied GG ^:bowdown:

It started as factory new, but I flipped it a bit so now it is around minimal wear.

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the image but is the bottom knife double edged?
If not, with just a bit of reshaping work that blade would be a sweet double edged dagger.
Love the work on the handles.

Double edged butterfly knife :cryyy: RIP fingers. I cri evrytiem, but in all seriousness I spectrum dagger would be pretty sweet

Not really, snug pivot points and a long as possible crossguard with slight indents for the thumb and pointer finger works well for thrusting and bi-directional slashing.

GSS

I remember about 20 years ago I was looking for a genuine swiss army knife with the real (glass) magnifing glass not the plastic to give as a gift. and what ever resources I had then I couldnt find one. Dont need one now but im curious if they still make them with the glass lens

So have they mated yet and produced any offspring? I thinks that's what we are all hoping to see. A double edged butterfly laser.

Gabe

I remember about 20 years ago I was looking for a genuine swiss army knife with the real (glass) magnifing glass not the plastic to give as a gift. and what ever resources I had then I couldnt find one. Dont need one now but im curious if they still make them with the glass lens

They stopped making them with glass lenses in 2007, sadly. Apparently they were more skookum and easier to start fires with than today's plastic lenses. Was reading reviews on @mazon, one guy said he contacted Victorinox's customer support and they were aware of the problem, and offered to switch the lens for a glass one if he sent it in.

GSS

They stopped making them with glass lenses in 2007, sadly. Apparently they were more skookum and easier to start fires with than today's plastic lenses. Was reading reviews on @mazon, one guy said he contacted Victorinox's customer support and they were aware of the problem, and offered to switch the lens for a glass one if he sent it in.
Wow I didnt think I would get a response. I would never have thought that was the reason for the change to plastic allways thought was cause it was cheaper. you made my day for something that while small, has bugged me for ages. Now im off to tracking down my friend that ive lost touch to tell him why:thanks::wave: ps it wont let me give you a rep again yet

Last edited:

Gabe

Wow I didnt think I would get a response. I would never have thought that was the reason for the change to plastic allways thought was cause it was cheaper. you made my day for something that while small, has bugged me for ages. Now im off to tracking down my friend that ive lost touch to tell him why:thanks::wave: ps it wont let me give you a rep again yet

Hey no problem. You're right, it was to shave a couple pennies off at the factory. Starting fires with the glass is a good thing! Im pretty sure they knew that fire starting was a use for it, and when they 'upgraded' to plastic, they seemed to try to compensate by making the lens itself bigger. But no, it's not as clear, scratches easier, and isn't quite a perfect lens. I'm surprised they did that, usually everything on these tools are convenience and strength.

Gabe

Whew got a new knife today! Cleaning out the old camper, and found this gem. Exactly the type of knife I've been lookin for!

And I apologize about the image size, I can't resize the photos on photobucket while in an iPad :/

Whew got a new knife today! Cleaning out the old camper, and found this gem. Exactly the type of knife I've been lookin for! :/

Wow a brass stone wash on the blade and you'd really have something to write home to mom about.

Also I am making a Knife thread in other