Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what's your favorite film

1. Contact, 2. What Dreams May Come. These are the first to come to mind, let me think about it awhile, not sure which, better to ask which ten, there are so many great movies.

buenavides1

I am a fan of The Matrix, X-Men, and The Avengers.
I can watch it all over again.

GSS

Just a way to broad of a question..
Shaw Shank Redemption
Planes, Train's and Automobile's..
All depends on the mood.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
My favorite film? Tri-X Pan. Reasonably fast, very fine grain, fantastic greyscale.

I suppose if I had to pick just one it would be the 1959 release of Forbidden Planet. The special effects of that movie were not surpassed until the end of the century.

Tentoa

Ronin, Amerika Perfect, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, All Quiet On The Western Front (original), A Clockwork Orange, A Serbian Film, Waltz With Bashir, & several classics from 97', which is arguably the best single year for movies from Hollywood.

I just realized the last post in this thread was from 4 years ago...

Last edited:
There really are so many, but recently the movies I have re-watched the most are HOME, Pitch Black, Looper, MadMax-FuryRoad, all the Miyazaki films, all the Matrix films, Saving Private Ryan, Guardians of galaxy films, The Riddick flicks, Everything Quentin Tarantino, The MIB movies, I must have seen Fifth Element 50 times....... too much Netflix and Hulu although they produce a lot of garbage lately.... and so much more that I can't even think of right now.

Tentoa

There really are so many, but recently the movies I have re-watched the most are HOME, Pitch Black, Looper, MadMax-FuryRoad, all the Miyazaki films, all the Matrix films, Saving Private Ryan, Guardians of galaxy films, The Riddick flicks, Everything Quentin Tarantino, The MIB movies, I must have seen Fifth Element 50 times....... too much Netflix and Hulu although they produce a lot of garbage lately.... and so much more that I can't even think of right now.
Man, I was going to mention "Ponyo," or "Spirited Away" from the start, but then I figured people would think the worst of me considering at least another mention there...
Miyazaki's stuff was literally the ONLY stuff I felt I could walk away from with my daughter watching when she was super young. It's funny, because she says that right off when she's asked, & it's shocking how many people have never heard of it. I figured Totoro would be instantly recognizable considering how popular it was here for that one year.

The most original film that has come out in the past decades was The Matrix. At least it was for me. The sequels left a lot to be desired though.