Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's wrong with Sanwu?

Hi all.
I had already done one purchase from Sanwu in the past, and I had them in my "Good companies" list.
Last 19th of October I did another purchase with them, via PayPal, and I instantly received a confirmation via mail.

I payed expedited shipping (need to have it soon, a friend's birthday), which (in theory) means that they ship the laser in a max of 5-6 days.

Still haven't shipped it. By the time of writing this, it has doubled the estimated time to ship (passed 10 days).

I've tried to contact them to see when they will ship it and last monday I received a reply via messenger saying that they will ship it this week (which they haven't done).

Since monday, I've got no answers or any clue about what's happening. Mail, Messenger... they don't answer or they leave to me the "seen"

Does anyone have any idea about what can be happening?

Thanks in advance.

All too common story from laser pointer vendors, I hope he jumps on it for you quickly, now you have posted this question but sometimes they just don't have the unit ready to ship, or even built yet and may have a backlog to fill.

All too common story from laser pointer vendors, I hope he jumps on it for you quickly, now you have posted this question but sometimes they just don't have the unit ready to ship, or even built yet and may have a backlog to fill.

Hope so, thanks

I hate to hear this on the heels of the FDA announcement, makes me suspicious of customs.

If you paid for speed post you should have a tracking number, do you and have you checked it?

See if it's held up stateside, it will say the State of the processing center where it is if that's the problem.

Last edited:
I hate to hear this on the heels of the FDA announcement, they could start intercepting packages from known sellers.

If you paid for speed post you should have a tracking number, do you and have you checked it?

See if it's held up stateside, it will say the State of the processing center where it is if that's the problem.

Nah, I live in Spain, so the FDA is not a problem here.

What I was saying in my first post... is that they haven't even shipped it, nor I do have a tracking code. The last think I've heard from them was via messenger this monday when they said that they will ship it this week (which they haven't, for what I see). Paying a plus of 20USD for guaranteeing a fast shipping should go faster... They said max 5 days until ship... More than 10 have passed...

This is unusual for SANWU, maybe others can add their most recent experiences, I have not ordered anything in the last month, but when I did I always got it.

This is unusual for SANWU, maybe others can add their most recent experiences, I have not ordered anything in the last month, but when I did I always got it.

Yes, I know that it isn't usual coming from them, that's the reason I've posted here, to know if someone has a clue. I need to have the package the 15th of November, it usually takes a week until it arrives to Spain and another week to arrive to my home (customs, ...), so time is starting to run short.

Last edited:

BobMc

Maybe Chinese holiday? I don't know ? This does seem strange coming from them. Hopefully it will get straighten out quickly! And you will get your laser on time.

This happened to me, you might have caught them in their manufacturing stage. They usually take a week off or so to manufacture all of their lasers, either that or they've got a lot of orders. I'd give it another week and then take some sort of action.

This happened to me, you might have caught them in their manufacturing stage. They usually take a week off or so to manufacture all of their lasers, either that or they've got a lot of orders. I'd give it another week and then take some sort of action.

Will do, thanks

Guys I've ordered a laser two weeks ago and no indication that it shipped. Then last week I ordered two more with express shipping and still nothing. Slightly concerned. I emailed Francis a few questions last week and he answered. Then I emailed him this week and no reply.

PM to Podo three days ago and no reply. Hmmm....

Last edited:
If you paid via PayPal, and it has only been a few weeks, no problem if worst comes to worse, but I from all of my dealings with him in the past, he has always come through.

The shipment before this last one was about 5 days from payment to my door. This last one was a combined order first some 3x BE and lenses and then a week later a spiker and about seven days after the spiker was paid they shipped both orders. I was getting anxious. I'm sure the FDA talk has created more demand. They are probably barely able to keep up. I also haven't gotten confirmation from podo about the one BE I need replaced due to ripples in the large lens. I will be patient. About a year ago maybe two,there was big talk about firearm regulations that caused rediculous gun and ammunition demand and price hikes. I imagine this could happen to the laser hobby as well. We need an NLA lobby to grease some palms.

Atm it worries me more the fact that they are not responding to mails and messenger messages.
If the package has to take more time (maybe for a problem with the stock of X part), I have no problem (inside some margins, of course), It's the lack of information that's annoying me.