Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What music does LPF listen to?

What music do you listen to

• Rock

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Rap

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Country

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Dubstep / techno / rave

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • metal

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • hip hop

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Other

Votes: 53 35.1%

• Total voters
trencheel303, seems like your tastes run anywhere but British. Didn't see any Beck, Clapton or Page. They are three of my favorites.

I don't mind Beck, I've heard of Clapton but not Page.

There are loads of British bands in my line up, namely Stereophonics, Travis, TFF, so on and so forth.

I'm now listening to Insomnia by Faithless

By Beck, I meant Jeff Beck. I think there are few people on the planet who have not heard of Eric Clapton. Also, there are few people who haven't heard of Jimmy Page, founder and guitarist for Led Zeppelin.

OVNI

I went to High School in the 70's and grew up with these bands. Led Zeppelin was an all time favorite. There are lots of renditions of music in this era by other bands. Whole Lotta Love has many. Here's one by Hollywood Vampires (formed in 2015 by Alice Cooper, Johnny Depp and Joe Perry to honor the music of the rock stars who died from excess in the 1970s) with Alice Cooper on vocals.

And if you've never heard the original ...

Yeah, I was in college during the 70s. I remember much earlier versions than just those of Led Zeppelin. There were the records of Cream and one with Beck, Clapton and Page on the same album. I started playing violin in 1961 and got my first guitar lesson in 1964 which was my instrument of choice since i can remember. By 1970 I was very accomplished in most string instruments. Then, ten years ago I had a Colles fracture of my left wrist and they put a plate in my arm that cut all the flexor tendons in my wrist and that, as they say, was the end of that.

Houses of the Holy?

And yes I have heard of Jimmy page, although I know not much about led Zeppelin so by just saying his last name I didn't know who you'd meant. Also I'd contest your statements that few haven't heard of him or Eric Clapton. Ask anyone under 20 and I'll bet over 3/4 of them stare at you blankly.

That may be true for teenagers, but people between the age of 20 and 35 most certainly have heard of Eric Clapton, at least in this country. And every young guitarist here has as well, regardless of age. Kids, by their nature are less informed than the rest of the population and their growing brains are always struggling to understand the true meanings of life and not the latest fad that pitchmen have told them is the most important thing in their young confusing lives.

Last edited:
Was watching a report on Ohio and brought this back to mind.

Last edited:
This is one released in 1974 from Jackson Browne's Late For The Sky album. For some reason I can't get a link to any of the YouTube videos directly. So here it is if you want to download it yourself. Fountain Of Sorrow. https://youtube.com/watch?v=_FI123gf-xWg

Last edited:
Metal has no language barriers.

Korean thrash metal.
CRASH 크래쉬 - crash day

Korean blues, by Han YeongAe - Lucille
After watching this you can't say Korea doesn't have any Seoul...

Takahiro Matsumoto
松本孝弘 / 華 (Hana)

B'z

Hide (Hideto Matsumoto)
(Hide did a great deal of work with Z.I.L.C.H. and also some limited work with early members of NIN, hence hide's industrial sound)

Last edited:
I listen to music while doing most everything, and I have quite a variety. More Classic Rock than you can shake a stick at, anything Irish(Dropkick Murphys especially), tons of EDM, and a few pop songs, mostly oldies. It's the reason why I have 2 small apps and no storage on my phone... Philips' Fidelio x2s are my cans of choice, and the reason why I'm into lasers instead of audiophiliac equipment :D

It's hard for me to even pinpoint a favorite band, but Led Zep, Queen, and Rush have to be at least in the top 5.

Last edited:
I listen to music while doing most everything, and I have quite a variety. More Classic Rock than you can shake a stick at, anything Irish(Dropkick Murphys especially), tons of EDM, and a few pop songs, mostly oldies. It's the reason why I have 2 small apps and no storage on my phone... Philips' Fidelio x2s are my cans of choice, and the reason why I'm into lasers instead of audiophiliac equipment :D

It's hard for me to even pinpoint a favorite band, but Led Zep, Queen, and Rush have to be at least in the top 5.

I see you have a Canadian band amongst your favourites. :beer:

Razako

I'm pretty omnivorous when it comes to music. I can appreciate almost anything so long as it's quality music. I mostly listen to classic rock/modern rock/prog rock/metal/symphonic metal/some alternative rock stuff/some pop/some edm stuff. My favorite stuff mostly falls into the metal and rock genres though. Country is probably my least favorite.

Hi-fi audio is actually my most expensive hobby, followed by guns and then lasers.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I usually hate covers of classics from my youth but this.....this blew me away. I was rolling down I-5 listening to some random Seattle rock station and I had to pull over and get my sh!t together.

https://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

I've been on a huge doom / stoner / sludge metal kick recently. Super stoked for Mastodon's new album to drop! Check out the latest track:

Or here's a sample of something a bit more indie:

I've also been known to listen to a fair amount of hip-hop (big MF Doom fan):

Or downtemo / trip-hop / basically anything Ninja Tune puts out. Here's a classic:

So yeah, basically everything!