Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What martial arts do you practice?

Personally I practice Shotokan Karate. I have 4th Kyu ( Blue Belt, you start at 9th kyu and move down). I was wondering how many others out there practice any of the above martial arts.

If your option isn't included, or you do any other fighting sport,
feel free to leave it in a comment! And don't forget your Belt color or Kyu!

;)

I don't need to practice martial arts, I have yet to see ANYBODY that practices martial arts, have the speed, agility, or knowledge, (except in the movies), to be able to dodge a bullet from an able shooter, with even a half decent weapon. Isn't that right, Hemlock Mike ?

daguin

I used to practice martial arts. However, as I aged and gained experience I discovered that practicing the marital arts was much more satisfying.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
I used to practice martial arts.  However, as I aged and gained experience I discovered that practicing the marital arts was much more satisfying.

Peace,
dave
What? :-?
I practice Taekwondo, and am almost a black belt. I will be a black belt hopefully in April.

i dont know martial arts but i used to box i won 11 and lost 2 tournaments i had my USA boxing book. [smiley=evil.gif]

daguin

justin_lawson said:
i dont know martial arts but i used to box i won 11 and lost 2 tournaments i had my USA boxing book. [smiley=evil.gif]

Boxing IS a martial art ;)

Peace,
dave

hey i know breaker bar ,bat,crossmember,and whatever else i can pick up and hit you with ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D i know bad bad bad  :'(

all my kids boxed for a few years they had fun i just didn't want to over do it
but yea they had fun ;D

JLSE

I studied various arts when I was young including 'beat you with a hockey stick' :eek:

Jokes aside, in a previous life I was months away from joining the Toronto Police Service. But being a drone was not in the books for me, and took another turn. Up to that point had studied Krav Maga, and similar . Three times a month I attend a local fight club which teaches sistema. I am also joining the local extreme coture when my schedule opens up a bit.

Good excersise with the exception of the odd black eye ;)

The closest thing I do to martial arts is wrestling...but I guess that really isn't a martial art. ;D

danq

styropyro said:
The closest thing I do to martial arts is wrestling...but I guess that really isn't a martial marital art. ;D
;) ;) ;)

oops - just saw Dave's post... "great minds... "

JLSE

styropyro said:
The closest thing I do to martial arts is wrestling...but I guess that really isn't a martial art. ;D

They dont call wrestlers in UFC 'MMA fighters' for nothing.. Just as dangerous as the rest of them ;)

I'd take a punch in the face, even a liver punch over broken bone anyday :-/

wannaburn said:
I'd take a punch in the face, even a liver punch over broken bone anyday :-/

Getting punched in the face doesn't hurt nearly as bad as you would think it would. At least, it didn't to me.

Then again, this is just from common bullies, not martial artists! That would hurt a lot more!

-Mark

I did about 8 years of Tae Kwondo.

Unfortunately, I kept changing clubs for a variety of reasons, and since they were different forms of Tae Kwondo I had to start again. In the end I got so frustrated with this that I just quit.

Once I settle down a bit more, residential wise, I hope to start Aikido or Judo :)

muay thai for me and a little brazilian jiu jitsu

i was training a TON then i moved to texas, and now i need to work on finding a good gym

iewed

I practiced JKD and Muay Thai, I'm going to start back up with Muay Thai as soon as I get my license (less than 1 month). I may be slightly out of practice but my crosses would make anyone under 200 lbs fall to the ground.