Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What lights do you have?

Tmack

oh i see. the one in the picture looked pretty awesome. i dont think i could do it though.

after seeing that picture i looked at my jetbeam tcr2vn and tcr10vn and just couldnt see ripping apart such nice lights. its all your fault and you know it. :p before my lumen addiction i would have said gut em!!!

btw i think youd really like the new k40mvn. thing is ridiculous . and the mm15vn is another one i think every light addict should have as well.

Mm15vn? Really? Then why have I seen 10 for sale second hand in the past month? Thats why I stayed away from that one since I figured people wouldnt sell it if it was a keeper :thinking:

Simple, the initial order was HUGE, and the UI takes some getting used to.

I have a feeling many people leapt before looking with regards to needing high drain batteries, as well as having to be careful not to let it overheat.

There is nothing quite like it though, just a ridiculous wall of light that puts all other floods to shame. I have two, sold one at cost when I went camping, and might grab one more from Vinh to keep in my car.

TomD

I sold my two year old 4Sevens S12 a few weeks ago. Its power was very pleasant to have in such a small package. The person I sold it to had a Nitecore TM26, a quad-XML2 3800lm blaster. The form factor isn't for me, though.

I'm expecting the newer foursevens MMU-X3 in the mail soon.

For EDC, I had the Maglite Solitaire in red for five years. Perfect for small searches in the car, useless for anything more. I'm considering the Olight i3s in the near future.

You need an EDC update! That MagLite is horrible compared to what they have now. Just picked up a SWM V11r with AA extender, T10t with XP-L and D25A Ti. I had the L3 L10 already and that is a AWESOME EDC light. Best twisty 4 mode EDC in a AA package you can buy, no lie. If only it had a pocket clip but they now have the L10C which has one.

The V11r is really nice, might be a little wide for EDC considering my pockets are already full but I'll give it a shot. The titanium lights might not be EDC'd since they are too nice but we will see.

If you have the chance to buy a light with the XP-L then do it. It has a better tint than a 219

TomD

You need an EDC update! That MagLite is horrible compared to what they have now. Just picked up a SWM V11r with AA extender, T10t with XP-L and D25A Ti. I had the L3 L10 already and that is a AWESOME EDC light. Best twisty 4 mode EDC in a AA package you can buy, no lie. If only it had a pocket clip but they now have the L10C which has one.

The V11r is really nice, might be a little wide for EDC considering my pockets are already full but I'll give it a shot. The titanium lights might not be EDC'd since they are too nice but we will see.

If you have the chance to buy a light with the XP-L then do it. It has a better tint than a 219

Hehe yeah I agree! I was able to try out my uncle's V11r with extension. Very smooth variable light. But aside from the 26650-packing MMU-X3, I wanted to keep the small light in the single-AAA form factor. Any other single AAAs that come highly recommended? :thanks:

I just ordered one of these: STARTED: GBGB: Stainless steel AAA clicky with a clip (CQG S1 "clone") | BudgetLightForum.com
For $5.99 with NW or CW choice, cant go wrong

Here is the L10C: IN STOCK!: L3 Illumination L10C @ SBflashlights | BudgetLightForum.com
Its a AA light but might work well for you. If you dont like the clip then the original L10 is nice as well. IIRC Illumination Supply (Illumn) has them for about $25

I dont have many AAA lights or follow them much so not a ton of help on AAA. If you want AA lights then there are plenty out there; D25A, T10, L10, V11r, M11r (i believe)

For AAA, the Tank007 E09 seems to be popular

XR-E (I believe thats what -THE- said) in a AAA stainless host for $5.99.......Cant go wrong. Something to toss around and beat up but you wont feel bad about! If you get NW, you might be part of the second batch though. I guess they had 30 or so NW ready to go but due to demand they are currently making more NW lights. I dont know if I got in on the first batch or not but its worth a little extra wait

Tmack

i just built one of sinners titanium 18650 hosts. turned out very nice. xpg2 3a 2 mode. thing is one big hunk of titanium!

also got a pd35vn xpl triple. really liking that one too. little long to edc, but that never stopped me before. the cri of the xpl are very very good. these are great new leds. and in the pd35vn the triple is just awesome.

Got an XStar S1 yesterday, and I have to say it's one solid chunk of metal. I'm not sure whether to sell it, send it to Vinh for modding, or try my hand it.

The beam profile is interesting. It doesn't have the throw or a tk75, but the reflectors are quite deep, and it does have throw to it.

If you like the solitaire, Maglite took great pains to make the new solitaire LED very much like the old one. Except that it puts out a heck of a lot of light, relatively speaking.

It was gifted to me by a very nice forum member here, and while there was some debate as to its future as a possible laser, I can't gut something that I use on an almost daily basis. I think at the time, he had a few lights, but now he's one of our resident light experts :wave:

I won't embarrass him by mentioning who it is, but you know who you are, and I know you are reading this thread, thanks for the Solitaire LED, buddy!

I will say, it needs a good cleaning, too much pocket lint and it sometimes doesn't want to turn on, but for folks who know the Solitaire, they will be amazed when you turn it on and you can see light coming out of it!!! Plus, the comfort factor of using something you've used for years. A clicky would be a bit more reliable, I would think.

Last edited:

TomD

I love "sleepers", stuff that look ordinary but perform beyond expectation. That's the reason why I got the S12 two years ago, and slightly off-topic, the Yuin PK1 earphones.

I think these small AAA lights (S1, L10, Solitaire LED) are great. The "can't feel it's there" factor plus the performance go great together.

If anyone is interested in a SUPBEAM K50, brand new in retail packaging for sub $100 then PM me ASAP! There is a deal going on somewhere else that is closing soon. I cant advertise the actual price nor link the location since a general price is given and don't want the provider to be shut down due to MAP pricing.

I have a modded K50 and love it......highly recommend this light for even retail price. Built in charger, throws hella far (close to 1+ mile when modded slightly, maybe 3/4 mile stock) and is, IMO, better build and UI then the TK61 which is renown as a top of the line light.

Posted about this in the deals thread, and picked one up myself. It's a steal for what it is, and I actually do like mine more over the tk61, despite it being a bit less throwy.

djQUAN

I just received my Fenix TK31UE. Just saw it from REI (sports equipment store in the US) and thought it should be cheaper online so I got one there. :)