Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What keeps you coming to LPF?

I came back because it surprised me how far laser tech had gotten since I had left. 520nm was a rarity when I left; reading about the 515nm laser builds was like "whoa someday". And now the diodes are everywhere lol. There was no such thing as 462nm yet, and now people are pumping >1W of 462nm. I have yet to see 462nm in person lol my rainbow sig is no longer complete :p and I only left a few months ago lol

I'm also back for deal hunting in the BST, and I love seeing people happy with their new lasers. It's cool seeing the excitement in so many people in the same interest

And of course, I'm here to help people. I came to this forum with almost zero knowledge of lasers, learned a ton, and it's nice to give back to the forum and educate new members :beer:

Agreed! When I first joined, which seemed like only a few days ago but was actually in September of 2013, 520 and 462 diodes were a thing only found when you went to bed and dreamed about them! I started off with a 532 cheapo "2W" from a Chinese manufacturer where I used to buy all my lasers before joining and asked some really silly questions now that I know a lot more and look back on it!

It is also nice to meet new members and have that thought in the back of your mind that was once me writing this and being welcomed by veterans and members of LPF! LPF is one big home where we all share one interest, lasers and have a good sense of community. Sure, you always have some people with bad attitudes in every community unfortunately, but it's the people who do good and welcome and educate others who keep the cycle alive and going! :)

-Alex

Davidx

To become more educated on our common passion. I've learned so much here. I try to help with a donation now and then. And of course all the great people from around the world who understand my rather unusual hobby.
Thanks to everyone

1) To learn from the best!

2) To see what cool things others have made.

3) The comradery.

Pman

Only forum I am active in. I don't get the same thrill I used to or the $ but I still look at the BST section at least a few times a day for those flash bargains. Have plenty of friends and a few close ones that "get" what I'm trying to do here with my inexpensive/bang for $ suggestions and threads. Trying to keep old school alive and make building fun/interesting and not "I need a 1W blue so my life will be complete". Pickup on new ways of doing things. Interesting host finds. Lots of time on my hands. Keep an eye out for Lazerbeak sighting. Try to protect the site and hobby. Help others in whatever manner I am able.

Hi
My opinion of LPF is first safety with our hobby, one stop shopping for all our laser needs,thousands of threads and info about the great exploration of many wavelengths, from soup to nuts so to speak. Basically there is no other forum on the subject that can compare.
All the knowledge you need is right here look no further.
I am proud to be affiliated with this forum and all the fine and intelligent people that make this place home.
May good things happen to us all !!!
Rich :))
Happy Fathers Day .. Father or not it's cool...

Last edited:
I'm addicted too.. Should've learned today, but spent half my time on here (usually this time goes into videogames, so it doesn't really matter). I enjoy watching other people's builds, looking at the way how things work. Also I'm here to search for info on how to make a laser, and I'm on my way!
Also I like to help where I can, but I don't really can most of the time (lack of experience mostly)

Last edited:
I'm actactually considering leaving the forum and hobby altogether. I have good times here and bad and the lately it's been mostly bad and destroying my love of lasers.

kiwi37

I'm here to pretty much learn and absorb every bit of useful information about building lasers etc I've already built two!! And am already planning my next one 405nm

It has been said, but I agree, the learning aspect keeps me coning back. The camaraderie is awesome too, everyone has been super nice since I joined. As I learn and build some lasers, I hope to be able to help others along the way. That is what builds a true community, everyone doing their part, regardless of their place in the hierarchy. I love seeing the builds on here, it is truly inspirational seeing the talent on display in this forum, and in this hobby.