Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the effect Liquid Sky?

IsaacT

Hi, I was reading another thread where someone said something about liquid sky and time tunnel....I know what time tunnel is, but I don't know what liquid sky is or how to do it. If you could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I tried the search tool, but it is difficult to find threads for that.

THANKS! :beer:

daguin

Have lots of fog in the room
Set your scanner to make a "line" above the audience

As the fog "moves" it looks like the sky is moving

liquid.gif

This is AndyConn's video

I like it when it moves more slowly than that

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Here is an easy way to get the effect. Pics taken from google image search

22076d1246092842-liquid-sky-effect-laser-time-tunnel-scanner-head-fan-mount-mirrors.jpg

The black thing is a computer fan. The white thing is a front surface mirror.

IsaacT

I see....I guess I will just have to try it when my lasers get here, thanks for the quick replies!

IsaacT

Thats an awesome site man! Although I couldn't get the slow motion vid of the balloon w/ flour to work....do you have and videos on youtube?

The wavy one wasn't just rotating mirrors. That was an actual laser projector doing that. If you want to do that, you'll need a decent sent of galvo's, drivers, and something to control them with.

I can see bits of mirror being flung by that CD creation!

Make sure you get your glass whatevers firmly attached before you spin them, or if you don't record it for the lulz!

A simpler source would be to just scavenge an old laserprinter for it's rotating mirror.

You could just glue a mirror to a speaker about half way between the center and the rim as it will cause a scan when given a frequency.

Ash

You could just glue a mirror to a speaker about half way between the center and the rim as it will cause a scan when given a frequency.
But it wont give the "liquid sky" effect, just a shaky dot. :undecided:

But it wont give the "liquid sky" effect, just a shaky dot. :undecided:

Why wouldnt it. it wont shake it will scan from left to right VERY quickly depending on frequency and volume allows you to adjust the scan length.

Have lots of fog in the room
Set your scanner to make a "line" above the audience

As the fog "moves" it looks like the sky is moving

liquid.gif

This is AndyConn's video

I like it when it moves more slowly than that

Peace,
dave

daguin information is right? you can try it and I hope that you will get this point

A speaker on a mirror moves up and down. To get liquid sky, you need rotation. You can get a very small angle with a speaker, but it's not smooth one dimensional scanning which is required for liquid sky.

One I did a couple years ago with a sort of galvo and a 9V transformer. (100mW Bluray 50mW green)

DSCF0765.jpg