Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is RPL mean?

I tried searching this but I'm just curious as to the difference between RPL units and non RPL units? I'm just wondering if there is anything special about them because there is a big price difference :p

Chris

roosl

Of course, any portable (hand held) that uses rechargeable batteries could be called a "rechargeable portable laser".

"RPL" is an Optotronics product line. The RPL starts out as a Viasho (OEM) unit, but has better components, undergoes testing and quality checks, and is even hand polished. Read the specs on the Optotronics site and note the divergence, diodes, long warranty and other details. That is what makes an RPL.

You can also look for threads by Jack (bootleg2go), the owner of Optotronics. There are several where he explains things. Often people call other hand helds (such as a generic Viasho) an RPL, but it's not an RPL until Jack is finished with it and it's sold by Optotronics.

..and yeah, I own two of them, so I can tell you it's not BS. Also, the customer care one gets from Jack is unparalleled. :D

Laha

Of course, any portable (hand held) that uses rechargeable batteries could be called a "rechargeable portable laser".

"RPL" is an Optotronics product line. The RPL starts out as a Viasho (OEM) unit, but has better components, undergoes testing and quality checks, and is even hand polished. Read the specs on the Optotronics site and note the divergence, diodes, long warranty and other details. That is what makes an RPL.

You can also look for threads by Jack (bootleg2go), the owner of Optotronics. There are several where he explains things. Often people call other hand helds (such as a generic Viasho) an RPL, but it's not an RPL until Jack is finished with it and it's sold by Optotronics.

..and yeah, I own two of them, so I can tell you it's not BS. Also, the customer care one gets from Jack is unparalleled. :D

Do you also happen to have beam expander for your RPL 400 or have you ever planned getting one?
I have an RPL 425 and wonder what it could do with a beam expander...

Just something off-topic.
@ roosl, your site rocks mate :) I really love those fotos and that phrase"Lasers?

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." :D
Ok back on topic :p

Thanks for the replies! it was just bugging me for awhile. I was like "wtf is rpl?" and now I know! =D

roosl

Just something off-topic.
@ roosl, your site rocks mate :) I really love those fotos and that phrase"Lasers?

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." :D
Ok back on topic :p
Wow, thanks for the kind feedback, and for looking!:thanks:

Do you also happen to have beam expander for your RPL 400 or have you ever planned getting one?
No, I don't have one. I've thought about it too.