Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you all think?

I think it's pretty cool !
what did you post about it I couldn't see you post.

Trevor

I think it's absurdly dangerous and should not be in a handheld form factor, much less a gun.

-Trevor

Do you all think it really fires at 1 MW? I Agree with the dangers but at least it looks like a gun and should be treated with respect as such.

Trevor

If you read the thread, you'll find that I don't think it fires at 1MW. :p

-Trevor

jakeGT

Haha well anselmo admitted He couldnt prove it was 1MW either, so everybodys right I guess?

But dangerous in the wrong hands. I'm sure powering it up takes at least a GED

Pulsed laser should be measured by their energy output, not their power output.

It's cool, no question about that... but personally I just don't see the fun or functionality in it. Than again half my friends say the same thing about my lasers:eek:

It's cool, no question about that... but personally I just don't see the fun or functionality in it. Than again half my friends say the same thing about my lasers:eek:

Hah I know the feeling I still ask my self (let alone my wife giving me hell) why mess around with lasers what is the functionality? I have come to grips that there really its just for the fact that its a damned laser, why not?
I love the idea of a large output handheld device for the simple fact that I try (but not actually use) to turn EVERYthing around me into some sort of weapon. For that I blame the Marine Corps.

Hah I know the feeling I still ask my self (let alone my wife giving me hell) why mess around with lasers what is the functionality? I have come to grips that there really its just for the fact that its a damned laser, why not?
I love the idea of a large output handheld device for the simple fact that I try (but not actually use) to turn EVERYthing around me into some sort of weapon. For that I blame the Marine Corps.

HA! Well Semper Fi Marine:beer:

At least you have the corps to blame, people look at me like I'm crazy when they ask me for a pen and hand over a tactical pen with a glass breaker, what can I do... it's the only one I carry.

This thing lacks the functionality of a weapon... even a .22 is a hell of a lot more dangerous. As for the rest of what it was capable off... 1W+ laser will pop a balloon just as fast, won't produce a plasma ball, but that's not something we can see anyway.

Still it's an amazing hobbyist creation:D

CDHDC

Functionality, usefulness, purpose? It's cool and you don't have one, that's the way I justify my overkills in hobbies;)

LOL! Yes of course, but call me crazy, I like for even my "non" functional things like lasers... to serve some kind of standalone function really well.

Everything that gun does, a .22 or even a bb gun can do better...

Does that make any sense or did I just qualify myself for the looney bin?:tinfoil:

AnselmoFanZero, is a highly skilled laserist/builder. This isn't a first time diy laser project. No it is not 1 MW, but it should be treated as though it were. :)