Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

We are going to test the IR (Priceangels.com).

Only green lasers can leak IR john, no use measuring other lasers for ir leakage
Test the 500mw please:)

this isn't true. there are other dpss laser colors that do emit ir. although probably not relevant to priceangels website because it looks like they only green dpss.

michael.

rhd

I'm sorry, but clearly neither of you know what you're talking about. Even non DPSS lasers can emit IR....

...like this or this or this ;p

hehehe.... :)

I'm sorry, but clearly neither of you know what you're talking about. Even non DPSS lasers can emit IR....

...like this or this or this ;p

hehehe.... :)

i don't see how i am wrong? i am clearly only talking about dpss. and even more so, i am directing my comments specifically at priceangles.

rhd

I was being silly :D

Though, if you wanted to be sure not to get ANY infrared leaking out of a laser, that first link I posted is probably your safest bet ;)

Plan B

John, If it were up to me I would stick to testing your green lasers, working your way from highest to lowest "manufacture rated" power. If possible include both IR and green and a total average power reading. Even better would be to post the laserbee graphs like you have on a few of your items. I personally would only ever buy laser types that have been tested so the more you can do the better probably.