Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WAAAY overspec 20mW from rayfoss.

joeyss

Exactly, It was pretty obvious to me last night it had to be someone who knows him or something. I mean who goes and posts like that in in a thread?

I realize that this is over now, but he has reason to have seen the beam as a whitish color. I see the same thing with other incredibly dim beams when it comes to extraordinarily dark conditions. The idea is that our rods are a lot more reactive to light, even though they don't contribute to color. Once I saw a weak 405nm as greyish white in the pitch black, because the beam was dim enough to not trigger any of my cone cells, but was bright enough to trigger my rod cells. Therefore, it didn't HAVE any color to it, but it did have brightness.

But how did tech catch it?

I have an uncanny eye for detail. I've caught people with no posts before. This has got to be at least the 40 member I've found out. And I'm being extremely conservative. You guys dont see it much because people used to get mad at me for calling someone out. Saying I had no proof, ect, ect, like some of you. So I just report directly to the Mods now. There are a few good members here that sniff them out too, so we;re not alone. I didnt catch him in the beginning because I'm mostly looking out for scammers, an returning A-holes. But it became clearly obvious that he has never seen a blu-ray in person. Also the chance he knew someone with a Laserbee is almost astronomical. Sure there are people out there, but the percentage is in the 1000ths if not 10,000th percent of the general public.

I baited him with asking what country he was from because I knew he said he bought a DX laser. Which, if he lives in the US, is impossible. If you want to find facts out about people you have to do your homework and spend time looking at their previous posts.

So please have some faith in my word next time. I do this for your benefit, not mine.

I realize that this is over now, but he has reason to have seen the beam as a whitish color. I see the same thing with other incredibly dim beams when it comes to extraordinarily dark conditions. The idea is that our rods are a lot more reactive to light, even though they don't contribute to color. Once I saw a weak 405nm as greyish white in the pitch black, because the beam was dim enough to not trigger any of my cone cells, but was bright enough to trigger my rod cells. Therefore, it didn't HAVE any color to it, but it did have brightness.

You were wrong, just let it go.

Last edited:

jbtm

"The beam could appear white if there is something in the air that reacts to UV"

And if its reacting to something UV in the air, it means theres a haze of something in the air, so no crap the beam was easy to see in daylight. Which makes me suspect either there was a smoke in the air (burning candles in the house maybe), or the house is extremely full of dust and dog/cat hair. 405nm is purple in the air. if its white, its obvious theres a film of something in the air making the beam visible. i personally own a 405 that has been tested to 120mw, and that isnt even visible in the day. the only time it is, is if im standing by the dot, looking towards the laser. its hard enough to see it in a black room with no windows at night.

I suspect fake info to get people to buy rayfoss, or just lieing about unknown substances in the air. If its a white beam, it sounds extremely obvious to me at least, there's something burning or being smoked. Else the city you live in produced toxic amounts of pollution. its 405nm. Purple in color. a lasers dot equals a lasers beam. if either changes, it means your hitting something with UV. For example, Dot on wood, like brown color wooden doors, makes a white dot. Wood has resins in it, as well as a clear coat of poly, so it causes it to react with the UV.

It would have help if i wasnt tired enough to noticed theres 3 pages =D Woops...Oh well, I kinda picked it up from the first post!

Last edited:

Helios

I have an uncanny eye for detail. I've caught people with no posts before. This has got to be at least the 40 member I've found out. And I'm being extremely conservative. You guys dont see it much because people used to get mad at me for calling someone out. Saying I had no proof, ect, ect, like some of you. So I just report directly to the Mods now. There are a few good members here that sniff them out too, so we;re not alone. I didnt catch him in the beginning because I'm mostly looking out for scammers, an returning A-holes. But it became clearly obvious that he has never seen a blu-ray in person. Also the chance he knew someone with a Laserbee is almost astronomical. Sure there are people out there, but the percentage is in the 1000ths if not 10,000th percent of the general public.

I baited him with asking what country he was from because I knew he said he bought a DX laser. Which, if he lives in the US, is impossible. If you want to find facts out about people you have to do your homework and spend time looking at their previous posts.

So please have some faith in my word next time. I do this for your benefit, not mine.

TJ I hope that I did not express doubt in any way. I have seen you catch many people conducting in such activities before. Honestly I assumed you were using some sort of test I was unaware of and I am now just more impressed at your abilities and think you need to get off LPF and join a CSI team. + rep even though my rep wont mean much haha. I defended this guy because I tend to see the good in people but I also defended steviedezie in the beginning before I started the http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/where-world-steviedezie-help-us-find-him-65250.html thread. I am quickly learning that people online suck in many cases. I hope you keep up what you do and investigate everyone including myself to keep scammers out of this forum. I under estimated your positive impact on this forum when you questioned my intentions on some occasions but I more than welcome it now. Keep it up man. If you want a deal on a host PM me because I know your efforts are none profit. :gun:

Last edited:

benmwv

Haha wow I just came back and read through all this to see what had happened. I knew there was something off about this guy, thanks to tj for figuring it out!

Thanks man. I'm good with the host. I must admit I do enjoy the chase.

I used to mod a few music forums, and I was a watch dog to make sure banned users didnt come back. I had IP access there so it was a lot easier. I guess if I wanted to be a mod here they would let me. But I like my troll job better. Plus all I have to do is PM a mod, and they can do the work.

I dont know how to explain it other than I have a great eye for detail. I notice and log things automatically in my head in most cases. I do it that in real life too. I'm also a good judge of character on and off the web. And I've seen every trick in the book from people who try to sneak back. Its second nature to me, so I'm always on the look out.

I'm out, peace.

Helios

Thanks man. I'm good with the host. I must admit I do enjoy the chase.

I used to mod a few music forums, and I was a watch dog to make sure banned users didnt come back. I had IP access there so it was a lot easier. I guess if I wanted to be a mod here they would let me. But I like my troll job better. Plus all I have to do is PM a mod, and they can do the work.

I dont know how to explain it other than I have a great eye for detail. I notice and log things automatically in my head in most cases. I do it that in real life too. I'm also a good judge of character on and off the web. And I've seen every trick in the book from people who try to sneak back. Its second nature to me, so I'm always on the look out.

I'm out, peace.

I majored in Psychology so all I have to say is that the data suggest your intuition has a reasonable amount of accuracy. More so than my own. I am pursuing a doctorate in biological research instead of behavioral so I will pass the torch to you you my friend. If you needed a backup haha I may not have 200+ rep but I only acknowledge the reality I have been taught and you do far represent.

Sajid, throw that stupid Sunglasses from your Face. Sunglasses makes your Pupils going bigger. You open the Doors to your Retina for the Laserbeam. Understand what i'm trying to say?

Multiple accounts aside, I suggest everyone read this thread: How Do You See 405nm?

In at least 10 posts, every single person has stated that they see the 405nm beam as either white or grayish. As do I.

It was really hard to see the beam of my IQS 405nm laser pen, until dark. In the right light settings, it had almost a whitish sort of beam. I know exactly what he is saying, but I am not sure of the power of the pen, as I do not have a LPM.

My 400mw O-like 's beam is a striking purple. But it is much, much stronger.

Actually, I will admit on a few occasions I could see my PHR 150mW pen laser in daylight (NOT FULL sun) in Korea during winter. Daytime high -12/-15c. I suspect the PHR at colder temps shifts the output a bit. More blue..hence more visible? Can anyone comment on this? Once warm again it exhibited a deep purple light.. pretty much invisible unless seen via a CCD camera.

PHR output is oval ( 0 ) like a zero.

soo... what power do you need to see the beam on a 405 ? at night at least w/o fog that is.

Benm

Actually, I will admit on a few occasions I could see my PHR 150mW pen laser in daylight (NOT FULL sun) in Korea during winter. Daytime high -12/-15c. I suspect the PHR at colder temps shifts the output a bit. More blue..hence more visible? Can anyone comment on this?

I can only comment to disprove your theory: The wavelength of a laser goes shorter at lower temperatures. In case of a bluray, this means it will be less visible with lower temperature, although the actual power output may be the same or even slightly higher compared to room temperature.

For red lasers the cooling idea will work, but in blue and bluray lasers it will work against visibility.