Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Violet Laser + Glow-board = Awesome!

Good idea. Do you have a 405? If you do I was gonna get you to see what happens when you make it glow and then run the IR across it. Maybe the IR would erase it.

Yes:D you were right, the IR erases or darkens the glow!!! My IR is fixed focus with a focal point of around 7in from target, any farther the dot gets bigger as you increase distance, well the closer to focus it got the faster and darker it made it. I'd like to test this GITD foam with a laser in the mid 700nm to see what that does.
I was playing with the red again, and what is weird is that the glow line is the same dim faint glow no matter how high the power goes, the 5mW makes the same glow line as the 300mW, which leads me back to my previous conclusion, that some reaction is occuring other than the normal GITD, because with BR the higher power the brighter glow, that is the opposite here, higher power reds and greens make a dark spot much quicker. It is something to do with the visible spectrum since 660nm makes a glow and 808nm just darkens the glow right away(no faint glow line, just dark spot from IR)
I wish I could figure this out:undecided:

KiLLrB

Yes:D you were right, the IR erases or darkens the glow!!! My IR is fixed focus with a focal point of around 7in from target, any farther the dot gets bigger as you increase distance, well the closer to focus it got the faster and darker it made it. I'd like to test this GITD foam with a laser in the mid 700nm to see what that does.
I was playing with the red again, and what is weird is that the glow line is the same dim faint glow no matter how high the power goes, the 5mW makes the same glow line as the 300mW, which leads me back to my previous conclusion, that some reaction is occuring other than the normal GITD, because with BR the higher power the brighter glow, that is the opposite here, higher power reds and greens make a dark spot much quicker. It is something to do with the visible spectrum since 660nm makes a glow and 808nm just darkens the glow right away(no faint glow line, just dark spot from IR)
I wish I could figure this out:undecided:

Sweet maybe we could come up with a GITD "white board" and sell it with included IR eraser pen! lol

Sweet maybe we could come up with a GITD "white board" and sell it with included IR eraser pen! lol

Sweet dude, now thats an idea, the consumers would eat it up. BTW i get royalties since it was my finding:eg::D:D
seriously though, sell it with a 5mW bluray and a 5mW 808nm, that could be a hit

KiLLrB

Sweet dude, now thats an idea, the consumers would eat it up. BTW i get royalties since it was my finding:eg::D:D
seriously though, sell it with a 5mW bluray and a 5mW 808nm, that could be a hit

Oi ! It was my idea and suggestion to try :p lol.

Oi ! It was my idea and suggestion to try :p lol.

Sorry, I discovered it 16 months ago.
grin.gif
Look here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/ir-laser-deflourescenating-25191.html