Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Violet Laser + Glow-board = Awesome!

I've had my blue laser pointer (20mW w/ Star Lens) for a few months now, and we've had a lot of fun with it.

So about a week ago my brother gives me something called a Glow-board for my birthday. I've never seen anything like it before..

It was a really great gift to go along with my blue laser pointer that I already had b/c I can use it to draw on the Glow-board. It's really trippy!

Placing the glow-board next to a mirror is really cool b/c you can easily draw amazing visuals. The symmetry makes everything much more pleasing to the eye. And we were getting some really interesting patterns/textures by shining the laser through some crystals I've got. Anything shiny or clear creates a cool pattern on the board.

Anyway, the company that makes them is called Beam Glow Studio.

I don't have any pics yet, but here's a cool one I got from their photobucket gallery:

Glow-boardmirror-Abstract1_450x378.jpg

Let me tell you, hours of fun.. lol, love it!

Peace!

ya it is pretty sweet, i have a GITD foam sheet from modwerx and that thing is amazing, just shining my 8x on the ceiling above it makes the whole sheet glow! where did you get your laser? you do mean 473nm blue right? not violet(405nm)? blue lasers will light up the glow sheet but not as bright or pronounced as a violet would.
Also i really hope you are wearing saftey glasses while shining that at a mirror, 20mW is more than enough to cause irreversible eye damage!

Pretty nice!
So is it a blue pointer like you said in the text or a violet pointer like it says in the tread name?
It looks to me like a violet pointer(blu-ray), which isn't the same as blue.

Whoa, on their site it says you can get their largest board and the BLUE laser for $45. If it really is a blue, that is unbelievable. I'm guessing if you ordered from the site, though, that you would get a 405nm laser and probably a fairly "low" powered one. :p

Still pretty neat!

Oh, my bad it is the 405nm Violet laser pointer. lol, it depends on what surface it's shining on as to which color it looks most like (blue or violet).

Thanks for your consideration about my eyes, kingdave. We're looking for some safety glasses that cover the 405nm range and aren't 50 bucks. Closer to $10 or $20 would be much easier on my wallet.

Oh, my bad it is the 405nm Violet laser pointer. lol, it depends on what surface it's shining on as to which color it looks most like (blue or violet).

Thanks for your consideration about my eyes, kingdave. We're looking for some safety glasses that cover the 405nm range and aren't 50 bucks. Closer to $10 or $20 would be much easier on my wallet.

Well than your in luck click here:Laser Glasses - UV to Green Lasers Protection 190-548nm :: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers

only $25 and it protects from bluray up to and including green! OD 4 for bluray and green! and there nice glasses!

Search the forum for scope_guy. He sells anti-405nm glasses for $10 and they work :D

Search the forum for scope_guy. He sells anti-405nm glasses for $10 and they work :D

You mean Scopeguy20, yes he sells some nice yellow colored bluray blockers! and very cheap, those would work well for use with the glow sheet, however you still have to watch for direct beam reflections from higher powered lasers.
BTW any idea what power that laser is putting out?

Glad your having fn with the GITD, I sprayed the side panel of my PC case with GITD paint, and doodle on it every night! probably the most fun I have had with light!

Though these glo-boards look even more awesome!!

Si

Yeah, I tried the gitd spray and gitd paint, and both aren't nearly as good as the glow-board. There's something about it that makes it brighter, drawings last way longer, and just overall way better than the spray or the paint.

The photos & videos are pretty sick, but they barely hold a candle to what the human eye observes.

_-_-_-_-

Thanks for the info kingdave2357 & supermanFTM, I'll check into those recommendations!

Peace

I totally agree with you. It is much more fun and impressive in person. The Glow paints and spray are definetly not as good as the Glow Board. I have bought from many vendors and I find Glorope.com to have the best most glowy products. Far better than the rest. I was giving them away around a year ago.

I used GITD paint on artist board.
I have never seen a Glow-board before, but the one I made is pretty cool.
I shine the BR on to a spinning HD Disc (metal) Thingy, I made.
The patterns it makes are awesome.
I also found that if I defocus the BR , and run it over the board, it "erases" it, then I can start over.
:wave:
Going to have to find some of that Glow-board, guess I'll start on the website.

Last edited:
I used GITD paint on artist board.
I have never seen a Glow-board before, but the one I made is pretty cool.
I shine the BR on to a spinning HD Disc (metal) Thingy, I made.
The patterns it makes are awesome.
I also found that if I defocus the BR , and run it over the board, it "erases" it, then I can start over.
:wave:
Going to have to find some of that Glow-board, guess I'll start on the website.
That's interesting, Greenmechanic. What exactly do you mean by it "erases" it? Is it similar to using a blacklight to "erase" the entire board to a blank slate?