Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Vb skins

Which VB skin do you like the most? View the demo links below.

• ATX STYLE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BackSlash Style

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Arctyc Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BlackTeal Style

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Emeralld Style

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Last edited:

The "BackSlash" or even the "Black Teal" looks good.... IMO
Although I'm using Skilltest at the moment... and I like it..

Jerry

BackSlash is pretty modern looking. I like arctyc's more minimalist design (particularly the font choice for the logo), but really dislike the sidebar. Black Teal looks decent as well.

I recommend picking one skin and making it the only available skin. In my experience with forums, the overall user experience is best when everyone is viewing the forum the same way. This way, font readability, color contrast, signatures, etc. appear the same for everyone and allow people to make good choices on what's visible and what's distracting.

I also suggest changing the default post view that makes it so you only see threads active within the past month. Default option should be to view all threads, otherwise new users will be under the impression that there is a lot less content here and will have a more difficult time finding what they need.

Also might want to consider changing the placement of the ads that appear on the site. Perhaps on at the very top and one at the very bottom, randomly alternating for fairness. As it is, a large gap is created between the site logo and page content. It's good web design practice to place important site content "above the fold" meaning that it's viewable without vertical scrolling. The current setup presents users with a screen full of ads on each page and may not leave a good impression.

In the event you do pick a new theme and set it as the forum default (or the only choice, as I suggested), I think a new forum logo/banner would be a good idea as well, something which compliments the new theme's appearance.

Last edited:
Uniformaty would be nice, but in this particular case and no pun intended, I am pro choice.

shadowvale

Administrator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
black teal is pretty good

im going to wait for a few more ppl to vote i think though

i agree its the best

I'm getting used to DarkShadows that is already a choice on LPF.

Jerry

Last edited:

shadowvale

Administrator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
yeh its good right now we at least have a dark theme, light, and one that is inbetween (skilltest)

i will add more so0n if u all want

I prefer backslash, but black teal is OK. ATX style and the emerald one are horrible

ok these are the skins installed as of right now.
EkkoEkko expandedEkko lite
Now the main differance between then is the Ekko is narrow, the Expanded goes to the edge of the browser. The light has less of the graphics.

The only one I have setup so far to see how it will look on the forum and the main page is "Ekko Expanded" I am just not going to install things like the quick erply until we can decide which one to use. Then again I might just do all the Ekko skins the same way time permitting.

karbon

tbh they are all good other than ATX style. i think it would be good for the admins to add more skins, so we have more choice in which skin to use :)