Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"V3tronix" Mech Mod / NDG700 Build

Very nice, I am becoming a fan of the 520's and yours looks good, I don't know if you already answered this, but does the 700 differ in wavelength any from the 7475 that you can see ?

p.s. I also like a solid wiring connection, in some cases such as side buttons it can be important as a break could bypass the switch and energize the laser, I have always felt that it's a good practice to make things as sturdy as possible.

Last edited:

Oh yea, I can attest to the Samsung supremacy. Everything I capture with my Galaxy Note 5 always turns out great, from landscape shots to macro shots. All my laser pics are taken with my phone too, including the hosts on my FS thread. :D

Oh man, that is such beauty greenie! :drool:
Good write up and really nice sharp pictures. Your build threads are pleasure to read.
Thanks for sharing that beauty with us.. :thanks:

Would love to see your collection as I remember all of your builds have been such amazingly done..

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
@RedCowboy, to be honest, although I have both diodes, I can't remember ever having them on side by side, which is what I would need to do. Using one and then the other, they seem to look the same, but your eyes can play tricks.
I am going to have to do a side by side and take a few pics, and then we'll know for sure.

I agree, sturdy and solid is better! :yh:

@EP, yep, and they say the new S8 is even better, but how much, and is it worth upgrading? I'll probably stick with mine for now.

@ArcticDude, thanks very much for your kind comments. I agree, I need to do one of those "collection" threads that some of the guys have done.
The one place where all my builds can be found 'for now' is in the "threads started by BowtieGuy", just go to my public profile, then click on statistics, then threads started by BowtieGuy. Unfortunately that's the only place that all my builds are in one spot.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bob, you're right, that's all that link is, it's just a link to see the threads I've made with my builds in them.

In my reply to ArcticDude, I said I "need" to do one of those collection threads, but for now, that link is the only place to access my threads showing my builds. Sorry if I made it a bit confusing. :confused:

I really do want to make one of those collection threads though! :)

BobMc

I'm confused all I get is

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

No link to other links, or am I not understanding :thinking:

"V3tronix" Telescoping Mech Mod Build

NDG700 520nm

Components Used For This Build:

• V3tronix Mech. Mod.
  • NDG700 520nm diode/module w/G-2 Lens (DTR).
  • Modified 22mm 510 Adapter V-2 (DTR).
  • '510' Style Finned Heatsink.
  • Battery Extension.
  • AW 18350 IMR 700mAh Batteries (2).
Dimensions & Weight:

• Length (as set-up) = 175mm
  • Diameter = 25.6mm
  • Weight W/Batteries = 272g

Measured Power Output:

• With G-2 Lens = 1,037mW (1,142mW Max.)
LPM test results.
X8Isagl.jpg

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing. :D

Just a question.... Why does the blue LED Display
show 0.000 with the Laser Beam on the LPM Sensor???
And what is being measured on the DMM ?? Seems
like the power but how is it hooked up. Not clear to
me in the photo.

Jerry

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm confused all I get is

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

No link to other links, or am I not understanding :thinking:

Sorry Bob, when I made that link, it took me to my threads section with no problem, but when I tried again, I got the same message as you, so I edited my post, and it looks like you can still get there, but you need to go to my profile and find my threads that way.

@Jerry, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that till now, good eye! What I did, was measure the laser on two different LPM's, just to verify the correct output.
The measurement you see in the pic is being done by my Ophir/Fluke LPM, the rest of the unit is in the black plastic box right behind and under the laser.
I also previously had measured the output with my other LPM, the one with the blue LED's (a nospin/Ophir unit), the measurements were almost identical, less than 1% difference.
I did this because when I've given measurements to some of my builds in the past, some people have wondered if my LPM was measuring accurately.
Now, with this second unit, I've checked a few different lasers at varying powers, and have gotten very similar results from each LPM; this makes me feel confident that my numbers are correct. :)

BobMc

No sweats, Bowtie, was wondering if I was having another one of those dreaded senior moments :crackup:

Anyways, please when you can make a post in the collection section, love to :drool: over your collection. Besides I need another key board and it will give me a good excuse. :D

When I saw that photo, I assumed the Fluke was being used with the Ophir to get the most accurate reading. I saw the nospin meter in the background, but didn't think much of it as the Fluke was being used.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Here is a reading taken with the "nospin/Ophir" LPM, it was taken at the same time as the other output reading.
Sorry about the pic quality; the good thing is that the readings are virtually the same. It makes me feel more confident in both my meters. :)

91gvvDZ.jpg

Last edited:
Jeff. Your Imgur image isn't showing up.

Thanks. I can see it now. They are quite close, but I suspect the Fluke is more accurate....unless there are excessive lead lengths.

Last edited:
Very nice mod buddy, Who even needs a LPM with these awesome 520 diodes, even the NDG700 blows past 1w effortlessly, Such a buitifull beams when you've seen 520 high power enough times you can guess if you have 1watt or more! IMO! Awesome buddy!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Paul, thanks for the heads-up on the missing photo; I'll bet it was those damned aliens again! :eek:

@BBB, thanks, glad you liked it. I've got to agree, >1W of 520nm is a beautiful sight indeed. :yh:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice, I am becoming a fan of the 520's and yours looks good, I don't know if you already answered this, but does the 700 differ in wavelength any from the 7475 that you can see ?

@RedCowboy, to be honest, although I have both diodes, I can't remember ever having them on side by side, which is what I would need to do. Using one and then the other, they seem to look the same, but your eyes can play tricks.
I am going to have to do a side by side and take a few pics, and then we'll know for sure.

Red, I finally got a chance to get a few comparison beam shots with this NDG700, and a NDG7475 that I have in an Ehgemus host.
Looking at the photos, it's hard to tell, they each look a little different, but from a direct viewing of the beams, I would say that the NDG7475 tends to be a little lower wavelength than the NDG700.
The dots of both diodes look to be the same wavelength.

V3tronix NDG700 (left) Ehgemus NDG7475 (right)
KLVS2nQ.jpg

MdzTMaQ.jpg

jXPNigI.jpg

IJZGdy2.jpg

Ehgemus NDG7475 (left) V3tronix NDG700 (right)
DI4YqFW.jpg