Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

US, say goodbye to DL...

I'm not from the US or Australia but still it's sad to see peoples hobbies be ruined by laws which were created because of a small group of morons(who shine their lasers on planes and helicopters).

In the US you can still get the FDA compliant products but in AUS it's essentially end of story.(except for indoor optical experiments with labbies)
Then you have two options.
1. Obey the law and say farewell to the hobby.
2. Ignore the law and accept the risks.

I would definitely go for the second option but when companies are forced to cooperate then things begin to look really bad.

So I think this GB initiative is a very good alternative, it's maybe a little burden with RMA procedures but a least people are able the keep enjoying their hobby.

DL doesn't use paypal, I wonder for what reasons they are not selling lasers to US anymore :-?

ixfd64

It looks like the FDA has been trying to pressure overseas companies into blocking U.S.-based orders. :-/

i asked and they will ship to us after the 15th.it was just for the olimpics.

Actually I think someone said that DL is going to start selling lasers to the US after the Olympics are over.. It was September 15, if I remember correctly, that they were going to start selling again.

Attachments

• Sawt.PNG
    Sawt.PNG
    35.8 KB · Views: 99

daguin

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Actually I think someone said that DL is going to start selling lasers to the US after the Olympics are over.. It was September 15, if I remember correctly, that they were going to start selling again.

There were significant restrictions on what could and could not be shipped into and out of China during the Olympics.  This was especially strict in reference to electronic parts (especially with batteries).

I believe the implications are clear.  However, we must still wait to see how the reality will unfold.

Peace,
dave

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
really ::)

I don't want to open a thread for this question, but since its related...

Anyone has ever heard of shipping restrictions to Mexico? I'm planning to get a 120mW Blu-Ray by the end of september!

D14852001neko said:
I don't want to open a thread for this question, but since its related...

Anyone has ever heard of shipping restrictions to Mexico? I'm planning to get a 120mW Blu-Ray by the end of september!
Well, since you want to buy a Blu-Ray, I am assuming that it will be a DIY from a user here and you won't be buying from a company, so you won't have to worry about any restrictions if there were any since the DIYer could list the laser as a flashlight on the customs manifest, but anyways, no i havnt heard of mexican laser restrictions..

jamilm9 said:
this is a chat with dragon lasers
jamil:
why don't you ship handheld laser to us
Support:
Mostly due to a ban the Chinese government has on the export of electronics like hand held lasers during the Olympic games
jamil:
but after the Olympic games
Support:
We should resume shipping to the US after the 15th of September
jamil:
ok thanks
::)

Kenom

yeah I'll be shipping my assembled bluray barrels to anyone anywhere (over 18)

ixfd64

It's funny Wicked Losers Lasers said nothing about not taking U.S.-based orders. ;D

Sefrez

ixfd64 said:
It's funny Wicked Losers Lasers said nothing about not taking U.S.-based orders. ;D

I think they still do. I'm just afraid of ordering an illegal laser from ANY company because I don't want it to get stuck in customs or me get in trouble. :'(