Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Uranium Doped Marbles

I noticed that there are a handful of new uranium glass marbles posted on eBay today. I bought some (quantity 10) larger ~1" ones for about $8, but there are several more listing available. This is a pretty good price considering a 2-pack of 1" or a 3-pack of smaller (normal) size Uranium doped marbles from United Nuclear sell for about $13 or so...

Cheers,
Clayton

ps. Here is another lot of the ones I bought. I have no affiliation with the seller and have no clue about quality. I just thought I'd share what I perceive to be a good deal.

Nice find! Those 1" shooters are usually more expensive than that. I'm grabbing a pack of these. Hopefully they turn out good!

(note that these are $8 + 6.50 in shipping)

I bought a pack from this seller. They are just around an inch and they are the festival glass. They are really nice. They put out around 50cpm.

Ed

just got the last 10 he/she had-- ty for the tip cowboy(but not a dallas cowboy)

Very cool. I'm curious to see how these compare to the ones I received from United Nuclear. Congrats to all that managed to snag 'em today...
-c

just got the last 10 he/she had-- ty for the tip cowboy(but not a dallas cowboy)

These pics are of the ones I got from Cowboy. The one of it glowing was done with a 405nm and is over exposed( dumb camera automatic only)

Pman

I made my own. Does anyone know how why I keep getting these ugly looking blisters?

Medically retired USN Nuclear Reactor Operator 1986-96:)

Nice find:gj:

Last edited:
I was a nuke for over 8 yrs... two tours in the gulf.

cheers!
-c

I made my own. Does anyone know how why I keep getting these ugly looking blisters?

Medically retired USN Nuclear Reactor Operator 1986-96:)

Nice find:gj:

tonyt

Last edited:
These are awesome. Even the finish on the surface looks great. It's like a giant pearl that glows green!

these are cool but i want to find ones that are "clear" and you can see the beam through the marble, kinda like awillis's avatar if you've seen that

anyone know were to get those cheap

EDIT: nvm i found them HERE but still looking for 1" marbles for cheap or even the crackle ones

Last edited:
these are cool but i want to find ones that are "clear" and you can see the beam through the marble, kinda like awillis's avatar if you've seen that

anyone know were to get those cheap

EDIT: nvm i found them HERE but still looking for 1" marbles for cheap or even the crackle ones

&^^^ what he said.
I have a few clear cracked ones & I do like those much better. The are much brighter than these. They glow all over while these only glow where the laser beam is placed--still a great price--
BUt if you place the laser on the back side and look at the other there is no glow at all. I dont think i will buy more like these.

hak

tonyt

I got mine off this guy for $5.95+postage..of $17.. But when i spoke to him he said if I bought a few more items like the 50xclear ones or some sculptures he would combine shipping and it would still only cost $17 total for postage.. So it won't be too expensive in the end.