Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UPDATED group buy on CNI Lasers ENDED !

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJNY

Re: UPDATED ..Possible group buy on CNI Lasers

By the chance can you ask for the price on the GLP-520nm? And if the GLP-515nm is also available.

I know they already produced at least the GLP-520nm, roithner-laser, one of their drop-shippers, already have it in their shop.

Attachments

• GLP-520nm.PNG
    GLP-520nm.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 93

norbyx

By the chance can you ask for the price on the GLP-520nm? And if the GLP-515nm is also available.

I know they already produced at least the GLP-520nm, roithner-laser, one of their drop-shippers, already have it in their shop.

Well no I didn't and the reason is quite simple, this is the first group buy I do for lasers but I have done them before for other hobbies.
They usually work for a certain quantity of the same type of merchandise sold.
So it is quite pointless to ask for 4-5-6-7 or more different lasers since to have a discounted price there would have to be at least 20-25-30-35 buyers... so no... I haven't asked and at this point I don't think that it's going to work asking.
If you want me to ask for a single laser price I can do that, tonight as soon as they are online.

Hope you understand.

As for now the only chance we all have is that tonight I convince the sale manager to sell just 5 lasers of the 589/80mw type since it's the only one we have people for.....

Well no I didn't and the reason is quite simple, this is the first group buy I do for lasers but I have done them before for other hobbies.
So it is quite pointless to ask for 4-5-6-7 or more different lasers since to have a discounted price there would have to be at least 20-25-30-35 buyers... so no... I haven't asked and at this point I don't think that it's going to work asking.
If you want me to ask for a single laser price I can do that, tonight as soon as they are online.

Hope you understand.

As for now the only chance we all have is that tonight I convince the sale manager to sell just 5 lasers of the 589/80mw type since it's the only one we have people for.....

Amen! :wave:

DJNY

norbyx, you might misunderstood me. Was just curious if you asked during your recent talks with them.

On the other hand, more (interesting) options will get more buyers. But if you just want to make a small GB to gain the minimum quantity, that´s als fine and a lot less stressful :)

Hi Norbyx, I was looking at the CNI information sheet for the multi color PGL-RG655/532 and have a question:

Do you know if you have to purchase a separate power supply(PSU III LED, PSU III FDA, PSU III OEM )to make RG655/523 work , or will it work by itself? I may be interested in that unit depending, thanks

If prices on the 556 or 561 is affordable, I'm going to drop out of the 589 club because I already have a yellow, and I need to bridge that wavelength gap first before getting a 589.

Based on previous questioning it's less than $900 for 5mW. $650 and $700 come to mind for some reason.

If prices on the 556 or 561 is affordable, I'm going to drop out of the 589 club because I already have a yellow, and I need to bridge that wavelength gap first before getting a 589.

Where do you see 556 or 561 or 520 listed ?

I don't get it.. :thinking:

You must be in the wrong GB thread ¿

Last edited:

You haven't been following well ;) ZRaffle and I are requesting a quote for these wavelengths. OP is asking CNI tomorrow about them ;)

PS. I also said nothing of 520 :whistle:

Last edited:

You haven't been following well ;) ZRaffle and I are requesting a quote for these wavelengths. OP is asking CNI tomorrow about them ;)

PS. I also said nothing of 520 :whistle:

Well, i think that the OP started this GB just becouse he wanted a Yellow laser himself.

Not what you want.

DJNY asking in allot of threads about 520nm
And you two asking about this wavelenght 556 561 for a long time. (quest)

Don't abuse it, and make it die. :whistle:

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Aren't GBs done to help everyone as a whole? I did my GB to help others, I got nothing from it, actually LOST money from it. If he wants to open this to more people, then perhaps he can do that. Nobody is making him, him, ZRaffle, and I were discussing it. At any time, he could say he doesn't want to open to those wavelengths, and we'd be done.

Asking to open a GB to more wavelengths isn't abusing it as much as it is taking advantage of a good opportunity.

Just my 2 cents :whistle:

Aren't GBs done to help everyone as a whole? I did my GB to help others, I got nothing from it, actually LOST money from it. If he wants to open this to more people, then perhaps he can do that. Nobody is making him, him, ZRaffle, and I were discussing it. At any time, he could say he doesn't want to open to those wavelengths, and we'd be done.

Asking to open a GB to more wavelengths isn't abusing it as much as it is taking advantage of a good opportunity.

Just my 2 cents :whistle:

Well clearly your not following the thread then ?

Hell, let's throw in every single wavelenght CNI have availible, why not.

Hope you understand.

There is a difference between abuse and bennefit.
¿?

Last edited:

CNI is perfectly capable of building 561nm lasers into the PGL-III-C, A and M hosts ;)

Ok the laser works as the one posted in the video by DJNY, the only difference is the color, his is Red and Blue, the one I asked for is Red and Green.
I don't really know how it works but I would have to assume that there are two lasers inside with a beam splitter and in the case that both are on the wavelenghts combine. Now it might not be a "true" Yellow laser, but it sure is a cool one.

Myself I am very tempted for the price since $200 on a unit with 3 different laser colors is just amazing.

As for the wavelenght that bloompyle is asking for I will ask the sales engineer tonight and see if they have something afordable.

I do want this GB to take some time so people have the chance to come up with the funds to buy this lasers. As for payments we still have to arange the details but as for now they accept just wire transfers or western union.

Keep it comming we need more buyers....

I will certainly do tonight... I will also ask for eventual group price....

If you get the 561nm quotes count me in... I'd like to know the prices for 5, 10 and 20mW in the PGL-III-A host. (just to see what'll be the best I can afford)
Glenn (scopeguy20) might be able to help organize (as he did the previous GBs)

I hope to get some answer on this matter tonight. As for the help.... well all help in making this work will be gladly accepted.

Not trying to be that guy, and I have no beef with you, but he's going to look into it. That post you quoted was clearly about 520nm.

We're looking at 3-4 wavelengths here. Nothing like the usual CNI GBs, by a longshot.

Last edited:

Not trying to be that guy, and I have no beef with you, but he's going to look into it. That post you quoted was clearly about 520nm.

We're looking at 3-4 wavelengths here. Nothing like the usual CNI GBs, by a longshot.

Well, we shall see how this GB turns out with all the requests from people that the OP didn't mention while he was on a quest for a yellow Handheld himself..

No harm done or intended :) :beer:

I'm just scared that this GB will turn to nothing couse of the many requests, while the OP made threads in the buy sell section about wanting to buy a yellow laser, and that HE created a GB so he could have a yellow laser for cheap, (not the attitude off'' i allready have a yellow, so let's drop that'') and that now people come in and abuse it in a way to satisfy ''bennefit'' themself..

That's all :)

Last edited:

Trevor

I'm not trying to insult anyone... but how exactly is payment going to work? It doesn't seem wise to send thousands of dollars to someone who's been a member of the forum for less than a month.

If this the GB ends up happening, maybe someone else participating in the GB should take the helm?

Not trying to rain on the OP's parade, just thought that might be worth noting.

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.