Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[UPDATE] V4 BlitzBuck, Available Soon!

Hey everyone - just an update: the BlitzBuck V4s will be here very shortly, with both a low power and high power version and both a round and rectangular version! Check out the OP for more details!

Damn Wolf I think I would loose it before I could put it in a host. Can you say micro driver. I am still using your 1.7a driver and it has never missed a beat. I am looking foward to this one.

Hah. Yeah. Almost dropped it in my girlfriend's room yesterday. Could have been bad! XD

I still have a few IC's laying arround that the vac hasnt picked up yet.. lol

Anyone have one of these yet?

Osram PLTB450 1.4W 450nm Diodes??

Just started acquiring parts for my first build, if I can make it through, I'll be buying this too! :D

So just an update: the green chip on the V4s that are now for sale should be heatsinked if you notice that the output current increases as the driver warms up.

This is part of the design to keep the board cheap and small. I am working on a different design to remove this effect and keep the same size and pricing.

trag

So just an update: the green chip on the round V4s that are now for sale should be heatsinked if you notice that the output current increases as the driver warms up.
Do you think heatsinking the green chip is necessary for 450mA of output current? Also, how do you recommend heatsinking such a small component?

I dont...

not on a 3A driver... maybe a DIY boost but not one of these! These will take over 12V! GOD GET A GRIP PEOPLE!!!!

Kiz slapps himself!

IMG_4573 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

V3 Blitz!

Damn who flipped my pics!!! OK

Last edited:

trag

Okay, I'll take your word for it. I would like to see pictures of someone's heatsink setup for it though.

Edit:
Another question: Is the BlitzBuck 3.1 the same as 4? Because the one at cajunlasers is called 3.1.

Last edited:

Fiddy

Okay, I'll take your word for it. I would like to see pictures of someone's heatsink setup for it though.

Here's my effort

buckdriver1.jpg