Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[UPDATE] V4 BlitzBuck, Available Soon!

Zom-B

that burn you see is the hole where the plastic smell and puff of smoke came from. When I put power on the input (with load), it doesn't draw any current (unlike other drivers I blew, which made short-circuit)

Last edited:

Zom-B

Dead as a mutton. Actually it does draw current, 40mA regardless of load, making it quite warm too. The hole is in front of pin 2, so it's definitely nowhere near pins 6-8 where the internal power MOSFETs are situated.

Hey mate, just wondering when these BBv4's will be available, or where I can get a 3.1 after Clif closed down his store? I need an adjustable buck driver to drive a 445 with a supply of 7.2v, and these drivers look greak but I can't find any stores selling them.

Got more bad news. For some reason, my drivers don't seem to be working. One of the main problems with using SMD parts is that it takes a while to get a circuit working because the PCBs take forever to get to you! :(

I am trying to find another solution. The most recent problem shouldn't have been a problem at all. I'll continue working on this. I don't want to fall too behind!

Got more bad news. For some reason, my drivers don't seem to be working. One of the main problems with using SMD parts is that it takes a while to get a circuit working because the PCBs take forever to get to you! :(

I am trying to find another solution. The most recent problem shouldn't have been a problem at all. I'll continue working on this. I don't want to fall too behind!

All good, I'm sure the rest of the crowd that is eager to get their hands on one of these are able to wait, because I sure as hell eould wait longer if for a higher quality working product.

Hi ive had a look around searched the forum, there seems to be quite a few pictures of a blitzbuck V3 driver is there any of a round V4 or rectangular V4 ? . Also Which way do you turn the pot to tweak the power up or down for that matter and finally so i don't stuff it up approximately how much of a turn of the pot adjusts the current by 200ma at a time .Thanks

The V4 was a misnomer for the V3.1. So if you can find a version 3.1, then you're good.

I can't remember, honestly >.> Should be clockwise, if I remember correctly. But if you have a test load, then it shouldn't be a problem. Always test drivers on test loads first, anyway!

Hey, just wondering if you have any Blitzbuck v4's available, round or rectangular, and if not when I'll be able to get one? Cheers.

Actually, the V4.1 will be available from DTR and Garoq soon. They both placed their orders, I am just waiting on the parts to arrive to begin manufacturing!