Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UPDATE!!!Quick Show FB3 2.0 offer- see how to win FREE QS !!

CDHDC

If this price is still good through Jan/Feb., I may be interested:) Any idea if this is Mac compatible?

nope not shipped. I'll go with $25 express shipping as he offered it. It's cheap since priority would be like $15.. Still that's a steal considering it was not used much.

Still not bad, I think DR. Lava wanted like $37 shipping or something plus $20 for the dongle + the cost of the software and I decided to just go with QS.

If this price is still good through Jan/Feb., I may be interested:) Any idea if this is Mac compatible?

To the best of my knowledge there is no Mac compatible laser software or hardware. You can use parallels or boot camp though, or whatever VM options they've come up that might be newer and better.. idk I haven't kept up on Macs.

$498 is the cheapest price I've seen for QS yet! I've paid $595 plus shipping for every one that I've bought.

For the uninitiated, Quickshow is an extremely powerful entry-level (I use the term loosely since it's endowed with heaps of professional live and timeline-based features) laser show control software/DAC combo from Pangolin. Pangolin could be considered the industry standard name in laser show control and creation, so buying into semi-pro-level power from an industry leader for under more than$500 + shipping is a very good deal. I know that not everyone can drop $500, so to them I say that this is worth saving up for.. but it sounds like you should probably start now as this price might not last.

^^^ yep!! already I was informed this morning that my quoted price will have to change-:cryyy:-very sorry-- anyone still interested needs to just PM me and I will try my best to help. :thanks:

Last edited:
Just going to pop in here and say a couple points.
1.$498 is $1 cheaper then my china source, however to ship costs $42. So this is a great deal, nearly dealer price.
2. Aixiz is a great company with great support and good products.
3. QS is THE SHIT!!! will make you regret messing around with spaghetti, lfi, lsx... Face it, this hobby isn't cheap(especially those of us with projectors), so dont be cheap with ur hardware/software, or go back to playing with pointers.

in my opinion
Good quality scanners = most important part
Good quality software = second most important part

One more point. If you ever have any issues with your FB3 or QS, fear not as pangolin is on your side and will do what they can to help you out. Great group of people you want on your team, they answer questions fast and in great detail.

Try asking Dr.Lava questions that have nothing to do with sending money or placing an order.... good luck

jaycey

Did I read somewhere that you can't (not legally) use QS for commercial shows? Or is this old info?

Anyway I got mine (with Livepro) and it's worth every penny.

If you are in the market for a DAC/Software package for your projector you won't go wrong with this and the resale value is very good!

^I've never heard so much as a peep about not being able to use QS commercially.. here in the US control interfaces aren't governed by the CDRH, so they are irrelevant to the variance process.

Good to see you Jaycey, it's been awhile!

Last edited:

jaycey

I think it was Pangolin that said that quickshow was not for commercial use?

I will have a look around....

^I've never heard so much as a peep about not being able to use QS commercially.. here in the US control interfaces aren't governed by the CDRH, so they are irrelevant to the variance process.

Good to see you Jaycey, it's been awhile!

I think hes talking about using pangolin frames and calling them your own in the shows you create. Pangolin allows you to use your their frames and sell them however you cant call it your own.

I think it was Pangolin that said that quickshow was not for commercial use?

I will have a look around....

Could be.. but that sounds a little like a sales gimmick intended to drum up sales for their pro-level options. Neither Pangolin's pro line nor the Quickshow packages have any built-in safety features or enhancements other than projection zones and attenuation mapping, and both have those, so I can't fathom how control interfaces could factor in legally.

@whatsupadrian: That would make more sense..

Last edited:
its been a while since i read the QS license agreement but it as far as i remember it just states you need to give pangolin credit when selling something you created with their frames. For some this is a selling point.