Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UltraFire CREE XML T6 Tactical

gif

I was just browsing around and came across this, I have never seen something like this before. Seems pretty interesting with the spikes etc...imagine red beam coming out of this thing?? :wave:

check out this ebay link: UltraFire CREE XML T6 Tactical

$_57.JPG

-
$_57.JPG

-
$_57.JPG

-

It can make for an amazing/unique host :beer:

Just wanted to share this host with the community, what do you guys think?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Gabe

Dang, that host looks intense! With a price of $25-30, I wouldn't be too upset on gutting this. I could totally imagine a 1W 635nm beam coming out of that, complimented by those spikes. Would encourage someone to do something with this!

That is what I kept coming across when I was looking for my favorite host, pictured below. It's my favorite build at the moment, and the only place I've found them other than the guy I got this one from is in huge bulk quantities that I can't afford. Mine are 3 to 3.5 watt 445nm builds(the one pictured is right at 3.3 watts @ 2.4A via BlitzBuck driver). Haven't built anything else in them yet. I thought about using that host, but haven't messed with it yet.

[URL=http://s356.photobucket.com/user/TaterMay22/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-22-10-58-58_zpsqrrwuiif.png.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s356.photobucket.com/user/TaterMay22/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-01-17_zpsoirbvkym.png.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s356.photobucket.com/user/TaterMay22/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-03-17_zpshsiyn6bu.png.html][/URL]

I was just browsing around and came across this, I have never seen something like this before. Seems pretty interesting with the spikes etc...imagine red beam coming out of this thing?? :wave:

$_57.JPG

-
$_57.JPG

-
$_57.JPG

-

Cheers!

Last edited:
That would make a VERY cool host.
Would love to see one of the experienced people on the forum do something with this!

Imagine a built in BE in that huge host, maybe one of Podo's 3X BE's, a nice thick beam coming out of that think would look killer.

I ordered on of these 2 wks ago, it's already in the states. I'm hoping the 35mm cu module will fit it. If not, I'll send it to F laminpyro for a cu hestsink

$_57.JPG

-
$_57.JPG

-
$_57.JPG

-

Cheers!

Awesome! Just recieved my attack head light shown above. The 35mm cu module fits like this light was made for it! Just removed the spikes, pulled out the lens, reflected and brass colored aluminium decorative insert you can see through the side holes on head and it drops right in! It has a side click and a tail cap switch (tail cap switch is a alarm lol) it also has a charging port. you can now see the cu module through the holes in the head. This thing is awesome. Thinking I'll put a keyswitch in the tail cap and use the side switch for on/off.

Sweet, done! (Except the tailcap key switch). By far the easiest flashlight mod host I've done yet. This thing will tailstand or headstand. The spikes also protect the lensbarrell from falls. The tailcap button flashes red and activates an alarm. The side click switch is laser on/off. Also has a charging port. The 35mm cu module fits like it was machined for it. I really like this one, going to order 10 tonight. There's a pic in my avatar of it

Pman

I actually have one of those from a few months ago and just happen to have ordered a cu module yesterday so I'll get to check it out for myself. I was going to try it out on a few hosts I have to see what's up. Like the side button and although the alarm isn't loud it is an interesting function.
Can you do me a favor and write what it says on the charger for voltage and amp output? I've got too much of that stuff around and I want to make sure I find the right one.
Almost forgot. Do your spikes all touch at the same point? 2 of mine are either not turning in as much or they are slightly longer or shorter than the other 2.

Last edited:
Hi PMan, you'll be suprized how good of a fit these two are. It has two pills, so the head is a module. Thinking I'll buy more and just have different modules. I removed the led from the upper pill and desoldered the wires off of the pill driver. I drilled a hole between the hot and neg of the spring board through the driver. Get a + and - through the hole to my driver which is under the 35mm module. There's a small gap (1/8") under the cu module, I'm gonna fill that with a ring off the insert I pulled out of it. I like this one.

I actually have one of those from a few months ago and just happen to have ordered a cu module yesterday so I'll get to check it out for myself. I was going to try it out on a few hosts I have to see what's up. Like the side button and although the alarm isn't loud it is an interesting function.
Can you do me a favor and write what it says on the charger for voltage and amp output? I've got too much of that stuff around and I want to make sure I find the right one.
Almost forgot. Do your spikes all touch at the same point? 2 of mine are either not turning in as much or they are slightly longer or shorter than the other 2.

Hi Pman, was just rereading this thread and realized in haste didn't answer half the questions you asked. Sorry for that. I didn't get the chargers in my order but have since ordered more of these and will let you know the specs on them when they arrive. As far as the spikes on mine, they are all the same length, it headstands without wobbling even with an extended length focus adapter from survival laser. The spikes are sweet because they protect the lens from falls and give the head a square profile which keeps it from rolling when lieing on its side. The side click switch is working fine running a 2.4a driver @8-9v(2 16340). I'm wondering if/when you are going to modify yours as I'm anxious to see if you like yours as much as I like mine. This is by far my favorite laser.
Sorry for the delay on answers,
Danny

Last edited: