Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UK Police using lasers

This is just sick. It's high time people rose up against their Euro-masters...
I can only hope we can turn America around quick enough, lest we suffer the same fate.

Well In my opinion I would rather be hit with a dazzler that doesn't do permanent damage than a baton that could easily crack my skull open. Obviously I would rather have neither and I do agree that if people are protesting peacefully (the rioting in england last summer was not peaceful) that they should not be attacked or beaten or hit with lasers.
dont-mind-me-just-watering-my-hippies.jpg

Agreed, I would prefer neither. Those protests in England targeted the wrong people... Keep in mind that what the government does everyday is not peaceful in any way. They take more and more of our money, and enforce their illegal laws with their armed thugs.

Anyways LPF is not a political forum so ill be quiet now xD

Agreed, I would prefer neither. Those protests in England targeted the wrong people... Keep in mind that what the government does everyday is not peaceful in any way. They take more and more of our money, and enforce their illegal laws with their armed thugs.

Anyways LPF is not a political forum so ill be quiet now xD

Agreed.
As far as politics on LPF I would say this thread is a fine place to discuss it. It's when people start bringing up politics in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with it that it gets annoying.

IMO when it comes to directed energy weapons the most promising is the ADS (Active Denial System), it essentially has a "heat ray" effect on people by using directed microwave energy to heat only the epidermis and not the dermis.

Is this the same sort of concept as a maser (microwave-wavelength laser)? Maybe they'll develop hand-held masers to fry the protesters next :p

This isn't a maser (just being focused doesn't make it a *aser.. amplification by stimulated emission does), and it doesn't really 'fry' people either.

The heat generated is dissipated fast enough that it will never get to the levels of 'burning' people physically regardless of the length of exposure time. From what i've read of people's descriptions of being in the beam, that's kind of what it feels like though.

This isn't a maser (just being focused doesn't make it a *aser.. amplification by stimulated emission does), and it doesn't really 'fry' people either.

The heat generated is dissipated fast enough that it will never get to the levels of 'burning' people physically regardless of the length of exposure time. From what i've read of people's descriptions of being in the beam, that's kind of what it feels like though.

Alright thanks for the clarification. Although because it's microwave radiation doesn't that mean that it's not actually heating the skin through radiation but rather vibrating the water molecules inside so much that they heat up? I read about the ADS a few years back (Nonlethal Gun Makes You Wish You Were Shot with BFG).

You know the world is a pretty f*cked up place when peaceful protesters in a so called first world power, can be maced, tasered, microwaved, beaten, and then arrested indefinitely without a trial.

Hope that SOB piece of $hit excuse for a cop gets a baton rammed up where the sun doesn't shine.

Last edited:
You know the world is a pretty f*cked up place when peaceful protesters in a so called first world power, can be maced, tasered, microwaved, beaten, and then arrested indefinitely without a trial.

Hope that SOB piece of $hit excuse for a cop gets a baton rammed up where the sun doesn't shine.

I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
Without knowing the specifics i'll refrain from judgement. After all, the pic and the short video tells absolutely nothing about the situation beyond some people got pepper sprayed then arrested. You don't know anything of events leading up to what's shown after all.

Generally video clips like this are edited to best incite the reaction the editor wants. Meaning parts that show opposing viewpoints are usually omitted.

Since people are getting arrested.. you can kind of automatically assume there's more to this than just 'people just sitting around suddenly got pepper sprayed then hauled off for no reason whatsoever'.

Without knowing the specifics i'll refrain from judgement. After all, the pic and the short video tells absolutely nothing about the situation beyond some people got pepper sprayed then arrested. You don't know anything of events leading up to what's shown after all.

Generally video clips like this are edited to best incite the reaction the editor wants. Meaning parts that show opposing viewpoints are usually omitted.

Since people are getting arrested.. you can kind of automatically assume there's more to this than just 'people just sitting around suddenly got pepper sprayed then hauled off for no reason whatsoever'.

In this case the picture is pretty straight forward.

Students at a california college were protesting tuition hikes...

They were completely non-violent, sat down with arms linked and blocked a sidewalk... a freaking walkway.

All anyone had to do to get around them is walk an extra few feet on grass.

Now granted you can argue that the cop had the right to use force to move them, however that does not mean spraying not one but two large cans on these kids.

This kind of behavior is prohibited against freaking prisoners of war... but some peacefully protesting kids... apparently they are fair game.

I retract my earlier statement... no baton for this cop where the sun doesn't shine... rather two of those cans emptied up his colon:gun:

ARG

Fascism_Motivational.jpg

20111128-103619.jpg

stormtroopers.jpeg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

Last edited:
Upon digging more, I have to side with the law enforcement. These protesters were told to disperse multiple times off private property and refused(and yes, colleges and universities.. and pretty much all schools period in the US are considered controlled private property) And they were also warned repeatedly before they ever got sprayed.

If they had wanted to protest with impunity, they should have done so out in the street.. which IS public property. Then so long as they weren't posing traffic hazards, they could have protested as long as they wanted without intervention.

^^^

Here's the small problem: The school in question is a public school, not a private one.

Here's the bigger problem:

What you are proposing when you say

"If they had wanted to protest with impunity, they should have done so out in the street.. which IS public property. Then so long as they weren't posing traffic hazards, they could have protested as long as they want"

Is nice in theory, however quickly turns into "Protest to your heart's desire in this out of the way field, condoned off by fences and barriers."

Here's the BIGGEST problem:

(Forgetting the reasons for the protests, the legalities of whether it was public property or private property, and whether or not the students were in fact blocking passage from point A to point B in any meaningful way.)

The amount of force used, in the form or pepper spray, was disproportionate to the actions of the students.

Pepper spray is used to subdue violent attackers.

These students were not attacking, they were not even moving.

What purpose did spraying them serve?

Should they have been wrestled apart? Yes of course.

Is this what happened anyway? Yes it did.

So what purpose does spraying them with god knows what chemicals serve?