Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial: 12X Star Trek Phaser Mod!

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 636
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 320
  • ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 446
  • ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 314
  • ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 368
  • ScreenShot007.jpg
    ScreenShot007.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 629
  • ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

jayrob

The consideration is the battery supply...

I use 2 X e2 lithium AA primaries. I have tested it with 445 at 650mA's using a V5 FlexDrive and it works perfectly. That is a class 4 build even with an AixiZ 445 lens! :)

It may be possible that it could be set even higher. But I have not tested it at higher than 650mA's for 445...

The batteries in series are around 3000mAh's capacity, and should be about an hour or more of run time at that setting.

Remember that they are also running the Phaser sound board as well as the LED 'armed' indicator light. Which are not that much current draw, but it is still a consideration...

All things considered, that would be my recommended setting and battery supply. Yes, it can be modified to use 2 X 14500's in parallel, but that means using a 3 volt regulater to drop voltage to the LED 'armed' indicator light, as well as the Phaser sound board.

Having Li-Ion's in parallel would double capacity of a single, but it would still not be as much capacity as 2 X e2 lithium's in series because Li-Ion's are never the stated capacity...

Last edited:
Hi.

Im interested in your pharser kit, but you think that it can built on FlexModP3?

Could you give me the price ?

Thanks.

Greetings.
:eg:

my email is staziak@yahoo.com

jayrob

The FlexModP3 is too large for the Phaser...

At least that's my first reaction. I would have to see if there is possibly room inside. But I really don't think there is.

Plus the fact that you would need 2 X 14500 Li-Ion's in series. Which means that the capacity will not be very good.

Take a look at this thread for some pricing on a 'Hot' option Phaser kit: (diode not included)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-star-trek-phaser-hot-option-individual-parts-46946.html

Dear Jayrob.

Maybe if remove the speaker in the phaser can room?

I want to buy a Spyder S3 Artic III Pro, but when i see yours im
interested more in the lasers.

i have a laser pointer green 200mw are there any way to increase the power of it ?

Could you sell me a kit for 2W blue laser?

jayrob

Dear Jayrob.

Maybe if remove the speaker in the phaser can room?

I want to buy a Spyder S3 Artic III Pro, but when i see yours im
interested more in the lasers.

i have a laser pointer green 200mw are there any way to increase the power of it ?

Could you sell me a kit for 2W blue laser?

I have several kits that would work great for a 445 build. But I do not sell the diodes. You can get the diode from daguin or DTR. See the BST section...

2 Watts is pushing it though. It is doable if you have a high efficiency diode. But I would recommend just settling for a little less power. It's still totally awesome at 1.8 Watts...

You will need proper eye protection:
http://oemlasersystems.com/product-...tion/uv-visible/arg-uv-blu-ray-argon-blue-ktp

Send me a private message about ordering a kit! :)

Hi.

Do you have any kit that can rooms more than 1 blue diode 1.8W?

maybe 2 or 3 diodes?

Thanks,

Greetings.

jayrob

Hi.

Do you have any kit that can rooms more than 1 blue diode 1.8W?

maybe 2 or 3 diodes?

Thanks,

Greetings.

My Maglite kit can hold two, but holding two, and aligning two into one beam, are two completely different things if that is what you are after.

Your talking about a lot of battery current with batteries that can handle 4 or 5 Amps of current draw. They would not last too long in a hand held if your trying to power two diodes at 1.8 Amps each...

The short answer is yes, it can be done, but no. I don't have a specific kit. It would be a custom build to do something like that...

jayrob

First post updated with information on this 'maxed out' FlexDrive 'Hot' option... :cool:

1.5 Amp 445 build:

Phaser%201.3%20Watts.jpg

I have done testing with running 2 X IMR 14500 Li-Ion's in parallel and it works great for a V5 FlexDrive set at 1.5 Amps...

It requires a few modifications:

* Re-wiring it for parallel
* Slight modification to the battery compartment
* Driver heatsink installed
* Installing voltage regulators for the sound board and the 3 volt LED 'armed' indicator LED. (7833 voltage regulators - 3.3 volts)
* Also, with this mod, the sound board is turned on with the safety switch, as well as the laser...

It is wired so that the voltage to the FlexDrive, is direct from the batteries. (4.2 volts at full charge)

* 2 X IMR 14500 in parallel = 1200mAh's capacity

I've also got an extra LED inside. So that blue light is illuminated out of the top of the vent plate when you activate the trigger...

Parallel%201.jpg

Parallel%202.jpg

Here's a balloon pop and beam video! :cool:

'Hot' option available here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-star-trek-phaser-hot-option-individual-parts-46946.html

Last edited:

Isabel

I am a bit confused :cryyy: do I just place the heat sink in the phaser and that's it. If not then I can I just buy a pre made heat phaser

jayrob

I am a bit confused :cryyy: do I just place the heat sink in the phaser and that's it. If not then I can I just buy a pre made heat phaser

I sell the complete build minus the diode. Just send me a PM for llinks to the diode and safety glasses... :beer: