Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

True 100mw Green Laser - Dealextreme.com

Green

Hey guys,

First of all, what a great forum!.

i was totally new to the laser mallarky until yesterday when i ordered my first ever laser, the "True 100mw green laser". however i didnt find this site until id ordered. Was this a sensible first laser?, ive read it doesnt have a IR filter - does this mean i shouldnt use it indoors etc?. anyone on here own one willing to give me proper feedback on it? how does it compare with the 200mw green laser (i read the true 100mw is better because its true and the 200mw is untrue and is actually around 130mw, how true is this?).

Also any advice?.

Also im from the UK, how long do you expect it will take (first time ive ordered from US and from DX).

Many thanks,

Green

well it shoud be from 50 -100 mw very strong be carefull you can hurt yourself fast with a laser above 10 mw with a direct hit. look into some green laser protection glasses and another thing welcome aboard your worst addiction in your life

JL

Green

Thanks mate, ive been looking into buying goggles, however the ones on deal extreme looked pretty S**t to be honest lol. Im a bit worried about reflections etc, are the reflections as dangerous as the actual direct beam?. Sorry about all the questions....

Also, im now aware alot of my cash will be spent on lasers :( haha. ohwell got to have some 'boys toys' lol.

Cheers,

Green

if it doesnt have an ir filter just dont point it towards anyones face. and like jl said anything above 10mw can be damaging to your eyes but the ir is definately more damaging than any color per mw

Green

Thanks,
Ill only be using it outdoors, and shinning it in the sky. So (hopefully!!) i wont get it in anyones eyes :)
Cheers

Green

Yeah, thats one thing ive gotta be careful of, as i live about 5 miles from an old USA Airbase - however planes only use it for training and are VERY loud so i should hear them before i dazzle the pilot, lol.

Cheers

There nothing to laughs about when you put planes and laser in same sentence.

Green

No, i agree. you would have to be pretty dumb to actually shine it at a plane, or helicoptor or anything like that.

Green

What a load of rubbish.2 weeks on and its broke already, took ages to be shipped. The beam is totally rubbish and distorted now, cannot be taken apart to see whats happened. wouldnt recommend this to anyone who wants to use the laser for more then a day and wants to wait a good two weeks to get it.:yabbmad::yabbmad::yabbmad:

Dusty

thats bad luck man! just out of interest what kind of duty cycle were you using with this laser before it broke? im waiting for a DX true 50mW green to arrive, hope it doent break so quickly...

Always buy from a recommended company. O-like is very respected here. You will pay a little more but it won't break in a week or two. I've put 100's of hours on all my o-likes with no problems.

D

Deleted member 8382

Could you take a pic of the dot?

Probably your laser hasn't broken. You just put dirt inside it. Take some cotton and move it inside the aperture. Your lens are probably dirty.

With people like you I'm not surprised Dealextreme have such a bad reputation!

Yours,
Albert

vaxbby

I want to buy thing at dealextreme but it does not accept my credit card. Sad